Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Austin, Lagos, Nairobi, Kampala and Kigali, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Operations Manager
Locations: Lagos, Nigeria, Nairobi, Kenya
About the Role
- The Business Operations team drives key strategic initiatives at Andela, and directly supports the company goal of building a culture of excellence. Recent examples of the Biz Ops team’s impact include:
- Drove cross-functional project to mitigate churn
- Increased gross margin by monetizing developer travel
- Partnered with talent development and technology teams to better define Andela’s learning technology roadmap
- Business Operations is a small and highly leveraged group of folks who spike in analytical thinking, project and stakeholder management, and getting stuff done. We are not an “internal consulting” team – we work on strategic initiatives hands-on in very close coordination with functional partners, and we see projects through implementation. All Business Operations team members collaborate intimately with stakeholders from all functions of the business, across our US and Africa offices.
- This position requires a motivated self-starter who can carry initiatives from start to finish, and can work effectively at all levels of the Organization across the uniquely cross-cultural Andela environment.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- Lead execution of large-scale projects that directly impact business results
- Identify inefficiencies, and scope, plan and conduct analyses in support of strategic and operational projects
- Work cross-functionally to develop and execute implementation plans, with appropriate change management strategies
- Clearly and concisely communicate findings to senior management
- Excited about rolling up your sleeves and getting stuff done in the unstructured environment of a hyper-growth technology startup
- International experience is an asset
- Past experience in finance, vendor procurement, or mergers and acquisitions is preferred
- 4 – 7 years experience at a top-tier consulting firm AND operational experience at a leading technology start-up
- Structured, logical, and creative thinking: the ability to dissect a problem using a critical approach and iteratively test solutions
- Proficiency with data analysis; ability to interpret and manipulate data strategically
- Established track record in driving cross-functional initiatives with measurable impact
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to present clear, well-thought out recommendations
EPIC Values Alignment:
- Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
- The ability to learn new things incredibly fast
- Persistently acting in alignment with Andela’s EPIC Values
- If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.