Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers.
Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, Rwanda and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communications Coordinator
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
About the Role
- As Andela Nigeria’s Communications Coordinator, you will work with a global team responsible for communicating Andela’s mission and value prop to a variety of external audiences. Reporting to the Senior Communication Manager for Africa, you will oversee Andela’s communications strategy and ensure that we’re building a cohesive global brand.
The key attributes for this role are:
- Leadership, team building and cross-cultural skills: You have experience leading strong teams made up of young and dynamic high achievers. It is also important that you have demonstrated an understanding of what it takes to work with high performance teams and a best-in-class Communications department.
- Creative problem solving: You solve problems by creatively engaging with stakeholders externally with independence and fluency. You develop conceptual frameworks that guide problem solving analysis. You draw sound conclusions based upon a mixture of analysis and experience. You demonstrate content expertise through problem solving from multiple contexts.
- Strategic thinking and storytelling: Identify press-worthy stories within Andela and have a strong ability to think strategically and plan for the future. You are able to conceptualise, plan and execute communication strategies that engage Andela’s target audience, while also facilitating increases in engagements and impressions generated.
- Public speaking and ability to groom others: You have the capacity to multitask across teams and have the confidence to speak and also groom others to speak confidently in alignment to the core message of Andela.
- Demonstrated ability to manage strategic and crisis communication: You develop and maintain strong relationships with Andela’s senior management, staff, external agencies, press outlets, and others to engage them and support effective communication within and outside of the organization. You are responsible for managing strategic and crisis communication should the need arise.
- Media relations and stakeholder management in Nigeria: You will have demonstrated an ability to engage with 360 media across different channels in Nigeria. Also understand the tech ecosystem and must have built strong relationship with Tech leaders who can easily be approached to understand the goals and objectives of Andela.
- Writing skills: Prepare speaking brief + talking points creation + setting up in-person prep with Engineers and executives who have speaking engagements. Also coordinate the team to ensure a great EPIC Tower experience for guests.
Typical day-to-day would involve:
- Leading Andela Nigeria’s Communications team in planning and executing a number of strategic initiatives across PR and digital marketing to bolster Andela’s presence in Nigeria.
- Overseeing communications strategy in Nigeria and effectively managing the team to ensure success of key initiatives
- Serving as the Africa liaison to the global Andela Communications team and ensuring all initiatives are aligned with the company’s core messaging and brand identity
- Owning the Lagos press strategy, working closely with Lagos leadership and Andela’s global Communications team to secure high-quality media coverage
- Supporting the Nigeria leadership team in driving engagement among the Tech Eco system through communications initiatives
- Working across departments to identify what stories to pitch or tell that will in turn influence the brand’s reputation and image.
- Grooming leaders and engineers to be confident enough to share their story with external stakeholders that will in turn drive more applications.
- Ensure 100% brand consistency in key messaging internally and externally
- Media monitoring – online (news website and blogs)
- Coordinate Andela participation at external events in Lagos / pan-Africa
- Identify and pitch speaking engagements for executives and engineers.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Closing Date: Not Specified.
Note: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.