Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Planning and Analysis Associate (Intern)
Experience: Entry Level
About the Role
- Be part of a high-functioning team where your work matters.
- Make a difference and join our mission.
- As most start-ups, we operate at lightning speed, and if you embrace it, you’ll be challenged every day.
- Position will report directly to the Financial Analyst.
- The Financial Analysis intern will be assigned to all business areas as required to develop, prepare, and distribute financial information (including budgeting and financial reporting processes) and other quantitative metrics essential to strategic planning and modeling.
- Assist in preparation and managing of budget and forecasts for business units
- Update detailed operating and projections/financial models, working closely with multiple departments
- Assist in developing KPIs and new measurements and metrics to assess business performance. Track them.
- Assist in driving financial considerations in decision-making framework to improve business profitability and capital efficiency
- Assist in analyzing and monitoring financial and operational performance.
- Assist with monthly closes and coordinate with Accounting to ensure accurate financial results and reporting
- Identify trends and issues and address problems to ensure quality financial results
- Assist in corporate finance and business development work. Perform quantitative analyses to help evaluate and implement strategic options.
- Prepare presentations for management and participate in ad hoc projects as needed
- BA/BS required; major in Accounting, Finance, or Business/Economics preferred
- 0 – 1 year minimum experience in investment banking or corporate finance
- Must be data-driven and take initiative in developing new measurements and metrics
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects while working as part of an inter-departmental team in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Ready to embrace start-up pace with a good sense of humor
- Passion to help transform the world
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to Apply