Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Austin, Lagos, Nairobi, Kampala and Kigali, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Construction Project Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Type: 6-month Contract
Experience: Mid-to-Senior Level
About the Role
- We are looking for a detail-oriented, experienced Project Manager, who is passionate about Andela’s mission. The right candidate will have experience with project management tools, managing vendors, similar-scale build-outs, and creating and following budgets. Candidates with existing connections in the Lagos area are a plus. The Project Manager we are looking for will be decisive, self-motivated, and have a positive attitude.
- The Project Manager is charged with project managing the build-out and renovation of Andela Nigeria’s campus and the movement of all people and equipment at its current facility to the new space.
- The Project Manager will be responsible for liaising with an architect/designer, keeping costs under budget, sticking to tight deadlines, managing vendors, making purchases, planning telecommunications, etc. The new headquarters will include both living quarters and working space. The new facility, with a capacity of 1000+ will be located in Lagos.
- Successful management of this project would require the Project Manager to meet all deadlines and keep all costs under budget while building Andela’s future home in Nigeria.
- The Project Manager would be part of the Operations team and report directly to the Andela Nigeria’s Director of Operations. This is a temporary position that would last through the length of this specific project. There is potential, if performance is exceptional, that this grows into a permanent position within the Operations team.
The responsibilities of the Project Manager will include:
- Review designs and draft technical documents such as Work Breakdown strategy, Technical Bid document, Contractual Bid document and Qualification of contractors
- Draft planning and working schedules
- Estimate construction costs
- Interpret construction contracts ( Initial acceptance at substantial completion, Final acceptance at final completion, record keeping, Variations)
- Own Contract processes such as Issuance of documents, receiving and evaluation of bids, awarding contracts
- Handle licensing and provision of employers materials
- Own and implement construction phase by:
- Management of construction vendors
- Coordination of contractors work, meetings and progress report
- Follow up on cash flow and cost estimates and updating schedule
- Monitor contractors payment (Auditing, Effecting payments, Issuance of payment certificates)
- Handle Quality control of project ( General quality control, TC program, Technical supervision)
Qualifications & Characteristics
The ideal candidate for this role should have:
- Proven experience in delivering projects on time and under budget
- Have experience working as a project lead on a similarly sized or larger project.
- Be a self-starter who can accomplish tasks with minimal supervision.
- Be an excellent, timely, clear communicator via email and phone.
- Have experience in creating and following budgets.
- Have experience with project management tools.
- Have vendor connections in the Lagos area.
- Have a good knowledge of and be passionate about Andela’s mission and vision.
- 5+ year of significant project manager experience
- Technical experience in the fields of construction management
- Knowledgeable on building engineering concepts
- Proven experience in delivering multiple time-sensitive tasks
Benefits & Compensation
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world.
- Full-time compensation for the duration of the contract
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- This is a temporary position that would last through the length of this specific project.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.