Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Executive Coordinator to the Country Director
About the Role
- The Executive Coordinator is experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support-related tasks. He/She is able to work independently with little or no supervision. The Executive Coordinator is a highly resourceful team-player, who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, and efficient.
- The individual has the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. He/She will report directly to the Country Director.
Typical day-to-day would involve:
- Coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings and off-sites.
- Arranging and managing travel itinerary, agenda and logistics.
- Retiring expenses of the CD to the finance department.
- Representing the CD by welcoming visitors/guests, organising dinners and other corporate functions; coordinating responses to questions and meeting requests directed to the CD.
- Collaborating with Communications team in developing/maintaining appropriate social media presence for CD.
- Supporting the CD in driving engagement among the Andela employee base through a variety of strategic initiatives.
- Enhancing the CD and company’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value.
- Assisting the CD with private and personal errands, and logistics planning.
- Coordinating with the private staff of the CD to facilitate the effective delivery of their set deliverables.
- Owning and managing administrative tasks for the Country Director (CD).
- Drafting, editing and formatting documents, reports and presentations.
- Assessing the priority of incoming and outgoing material to ensure the CD receives accurate and relevant information in a timely and often urgent basis;
- Managing appointments and an extremely busy/active calendar, agendas, meetings (including virtual) and interactive activities for the CD; Ensuring that activities/meetings commence and end on time.
- Coordinating the logistical aspects of meetings and events with task owners and bringing together appropriate people and resources to support the CD’s agenda.
The Key Attributes for this role are:
- You are able to hit the ground running on assignments and tasks with minimal guidance
- You are able to think expansively, modify ideas for problem solving, take full ownership of your responsibilities and be willing to go the extra mile to get work done.
Creative Problem Solving:
- You are able to see around corners, proactively anticipate blockers to daily operations and solve for them.
- You understand and prioritise the CD’s concerns/needs, and recognise causes and consequences of actions and events that are not readily apparent.
- You are also able to understand the scope of operation of the CD, as well as develop a range of contacts outside your own team to help get work done.
- You have a strong ability to think strategically and plan for the future.
- You are able to deliver high-impact work within set timelines, while also being careful with all types of resources (e.g. money, time, materials etc).
- You understand the complexities of working with a senior executive, and are able to navigate them seamlessly.
- You have the capacity to multitask across teams to amplify the values of the CD
- You understand confidentiality, and treat all persons at Andela in a way that encourages mutual respect, equality, diversity and inclusion.
A Deep Commitment to our Mission:
- You demonstrate ability and interest in creating large-scale change and impact.
In addition to the areas above, a great candidate for this role:
- Understands the complexities of working with people in multiple locations.
- Can interpret, explain and apply complex policies, regulations, and procedures.
- Can plan and conduct complex and sensitive administrative and operational duties.
- Can organize and prioritize work and meet critical deadlines.
- Has very strong logistical management skills.
- Must be an all around awesome person – we have a strict no jerks policy at Andela.
- Is a polished professional with significant experience (minimum 3 years) supporting a senior executive/senior management
- Has excellent verbal and superior writing and report presentation skills.
- Has experience at fast-paced organizations.
- Is comfortable with self managing.
- Has a degree from an accredited College or University.
- Has a strong proficiency with Calendars, Document management and Spreadsheets.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply