Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers.
Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, Rwanda and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director, Engineer Growth and Development
Locations: Lagos, Nigeria, Nairobi, Kenya, Cairo, Egypt
About the Role
- We are seeking an experienced learning professional to develop our world class engineering talent. You will be responsible for designing, implementing and executing the learning and development of our engineers based on our engineering competency framework. This includes focusing on the moments that matter for example onboarding distributed engineers at scale to be customer ready, and a professional development program with tailored pathways to continually develop our world class talent for our customers, as well as providing a transformative once in a lifetime career for our engineers.
- You will be part of the Growth & Development team within the People function. You will lead a small but mighty team, and partner closely with your other colleagues in the Growth & Development team and Engineering HR Business Partners. Your key business stakeholder is the Partner Engineering organization, responsible for delivery of engineering services to our customers, and you will also be expected to collaborate with many other teams. The key metrics you will focus on are both customer and engineer satisfaction and retention.
- The ideal candidate is excited by a fast paced growing environment with a background in learning, specifically for engineering or technical teams. You are structured and organized in your approach with the ability to design programs easily understood and digested by our engineers. Your stakeholder leadership skills are exemplary, you can navigate challenges and influence others. You are lastly and most importantly, passionate about making a difference to the learning and development of thousands of brilliant engineers and helping Andela reach its mission of connecting brilliant talent with opportunity.
- Continually assess and define learning requirements: Understand business objectives specifically the need to deliver brilliant engineering services to our customers and define the associated learning requirement based on our engineering competency framework.
- Design end to end program: Define a holistic program along all touchpoints of an engineer’s journey to deliver value to our customers and transformative career experience to engineers.
- Launch programs: Execute the programs with comprehensive change management to ensure awareness and engagement of the program to all stakeholders.
- Continually measure impact of programs: Measure programs based on business objectives and strive for continual improvement, never settling for just ok.
- Stakeholder collaboration: Work with multiple stakeholders across the business to design, deliver, measure and improve the learning offering. Andela is a matrixed organization and the ability to collaborate is key to success.
- Leverage external tech communities: As required bring in experts in the tech ecosystem to supplement the program.
- Inspire engineers with learning programs: Focus on the marketing and branding of programs to inspire success from our engineers and a world class program for world class talent.
- Lead and develop your team: Guide, coach and support your teams to deliver impact for Andela and for themselves.
- Retention: Understand moments that matter and engagement strategies for employee and customer retention and align program to support retention.
- 10+ years experience in Learning & Development role, ideally working with technical teams
- 3+ years experience leading teams and or a function
- The willingness to travel up to 10% of the time
- A Growth Mindset; the openness to learn new things to continually improve and the ability to learn from your mistakes and failures
- Openness to change and adaptability or experience working in a high-growth fast paced changing organization
- Able to thrive in a diverse, globally distributed team, ideally with experience working in a global organization.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: Not Specified.