Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers.
Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, Rwanda and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Director, Workforce Planning
Locations: Cairo, Egypt, Lagos, Nigeria, Nairobi, Kenya
- As a new function, Workforce Planning is responsible for ensuring that Andela’s engineering talent supply is demand-driven and market responsive. The group’s mandate is to ensure Andela has the right talent at the right time to deliver value to our current and future customers.
About the Role
- You are a structured, motivated leader eager to drive the newly-built Workforce Planning function at Andela and bring it to the next level. Your group will drive meaningful impact for our customers, our engineers and our organization. As the leader of an important new business function in its early stages, you will demonstrate a high degree of ownership and drive a clear vision with diverse stakeholders.
- The mandate of your team is to manage the bench of engineers to achieve optimal levels of available supply based on market demand, and will require a strong understanding of commercial requirements and People-related practices.
- The current team is a small and versatile group of folks who spike in analytical thinking, project and stakeholder management, and getting stuff done. As the leader of this team, you will need to be an adaptable team player who is capable of wearing multiple hats and driving commercial outcomes through operational efficiency and innovation.
- Create and drive strategy of Workforce Planning team; clearly define team’s mandate and the role of the bench within Andela’s business strategy
- Ensure attainment of revenue, cost management, and utilization goals through investments in Andela’s engineering talent workforce efficacy
- Continuously improve Andela’s talent forecasting/capacity planning through segmentation and analysis
- Maintain excellent relationships via strong stakeholder management, and communication practices at all levels of the organization
- Interact with engineering talent in thoughtful, operationally excellent, clear, honest, and empathetic ways
- Leverage your context of both demand and supply to consult around processes, models, calculations, assumptions and business impacts.
- A completed Bachelor’s Degree at a minimum; MBA is a plus
- 9+ years Management experience in a workforce planning / supply chain / operations management environment / professional services marketplace
- Ability to lead, teach and develop managers to deliver key organizational goals
- Demonstrated success with program & process management in highly cross-functional, rapidly growing and changing business
- Exceptional analytical thinking ability and comfortable analyzing data to extract and communicate findings or next steps
- Ability to develop and implement talent optimization processes and procedures across geographically distributed teams, in collaboration with other department leaders
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and translate strategy into operational plans and business results
- Strong track record of recommending policy requirements and rolling out clear, new procedures that affect large groups of employees
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with managing large-scale organizational change
- Experience working remotely and/or with larger groups of talent is an asset
- Ability to travel – once a quarter, determined by business need.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: Not Specified
Note: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.