The Anti-Corruption Academy of Nigeria (ACAN), is the research and training arm of the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC). ACAN located just outside Abuja, at Kilometre 46 Abuja-Keffi road. It draws its mandate from the Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Act, 2000 and includes conducting corruption related research, training, advising stakeholders and developing anti-corruption policy proposals, To achieve its research mandate, ACAN has instituted a Research Fellowship program aimed at attracting leading researchers to engage in policy oriented research, to provide evidence base for the operations of ICPC, the Government of Nigeria and other stakeholders.
ACAN is searching for Senior Researchers with background and interests in:
Job Title: Senior Research Fellow-Collective Action and Anti-Corruption Behavioural Change
Duration: One year fixed-term appointment (renewable)
- The researchers are expected to operate full-time within the international, interdisciplinary, inter-sectoral, integrative, and sustainable approach of ACAN.
Senior Research Fellow- Collective Action and Anti-Corruption Behavioural Change Reporting to the Provost of ACAN, the researchers will perform the following duties:
- Develop, lead, and contribute to the unit on collective action and anti-corruption behavioural change at ACAN,
- Provide leadership in research and teaching in the field of collective action and anti-corruption behaviour,
- Undertake original research leading to influential publications and substantial contributions in the field collective action and anti-corruption behaviour,
- Contribute to the overall development of ACAN’s profile as a global centre of excellence for anti-corruption education, training, and research of the highest academic standard,
- Develop and implement academic and non-academic programmes and activities with a special focus on collective action, compliance, and (private sector) anti-corruption,
- Serve as Resource Faculty on the new certificate/diploma programmes of the Academy on corruption prevention, and ethics and compliance, and any other such programme that may be developed, and to substantially contribute to their further development and implementation,
- Provide (strategic) policy advice on collective action and anti-corruption behaviour to relevant stakeholders,
- Contribute to the design and delivery of ACAN’s training programmes, including its executive and anti-corruption leadership education programmes,
- Undertake managerial, supervising, and administrative duties as required,
- Participate in and contribute to ACAN’s overall development, and
- Any other assignments the Provost deems fit for the purpose of overall development of the Academy and discharge of its mandate.
- Identify, document and map the anti-corruption behavioural communication and &ange interventions already implemented and being implemented in Nigeria,
- Design and oversee the implementation of at least two (2) social experiments collective action and anti-corruption behavioural change in areas including anti-corruption messaging, institutional procedural changes, empowering citizens with information and showcasing norm change agents/champions,
- Develop and publish at least two full reports in addition to policy papers, monographs or articles on research carried out, and
- Training and working manuals (corruption prevention, corruption research methodology and public education) developed and rolled out.
The persons to fill this position will be expected to fill the following profile:
- Postgraduate degree, preferably a doctoral degree in Economics, Law, Public Administration, Business Administration and Finance, or other relevant discipline.
- Minimum 10 years of research and/or practice experience in justice, anti- corruption/economic crimes environment.
- Experience of designing and delivering capacity building and training courses.
- Experience of working within a training institute, academy, centre or university.
- Experience in coordinating and contributing to research.
- Experience in preparing proposals and working with international donors and partners.
- Strong presentation, facilitation and report writings skills.
- Good inter-personal skills, ability to work in a consultative and collaborative manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships with other national and international anti-corruption agencies and government institutions combating corruption and economic crimes.
- Experience of researching or practicing in Nigeria is desirable.
Position is funded by the Department for International Development (DFID). Remuneration will reflect qualifications and experience.
Application Closing Date
16th March, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter (indicating position interested in and date of availability), detailed Curriculum Vitae, credentials and other relevant informations processed into one PDF document to: [email protected] with copy to: [email protected]
- Applications should be addressed to “The Provost, Anti-Corruption Academy of Nigeria, Keffi”
- All submissions should be in PDF Format. File name should indicate name of applicant and position applying for as follows: Olawole Chike Mohammed SRF Collective Action
- No hardcopy submissions are allowed.
- All intellectual and research property during the pendency and after the engagement remains vested in the Anti-Corruption
- Academy of Nigeria and the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission. Appointees will be required to sign a formal non-disclosure agreement in terms of classified information as applicable to third party appointees.
- Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted. If you have not heard from us after six weeks, you can assume that your application has not been successful.