Apata & Ascott Limited is currently seeking to employ suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of
Job Title: Accounting Officer
- Conduct thorough review of financial data, compare finances and identify anomalies, wastage, cost reduction opportunities and overall business improvement opportunities.
- Review financial documents, purchase orders, vouchers and invoices.
- Producing an accurate set of month-end accounts, with comparisons to forecasts and previous periods.
- Develop and supervise implementation of audit strategies/ programmes for preventing and detecting fraud/ wastages. This will include but not limited to: pre- and post- payment audit, material procurement, facilities management expenditures, project/ construction expenditures, etc; and revenue assurance.
- Preparing profit and loss accounts and the balance sheet for senior management.
- Assisting in preparing budgets and business planning, including projected room revenue.
- Reconciling bank statements.
- Ensuring legislation is followed regarding VAT and PAYE.
- Ensure monthly management of account and financial report.
- Maintain overview of bank account level.
- Input of sales and purchases invoices, cross checking on billing.
- Prepare report for the monthly expenses, payment amount for reimbursements.
- Monthly reconciliation to ensure accuracy in payment.
- Assist in championing the hotel’s aggressive cost reduction drive.
- Lead all efforts on safeguarding the hotel’s revenue: i.e. preventing/ avoiding revenue thefts and inadvertent revenue losses.
- Controlling payroll.
- Chasing late payments and reporting bad debt and keeping a careful eye on the cash flow.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy or equivalent from a reputable institution.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in same field in hospitality sector.
- Accountancy skills, ideally honed in a hospitality environment
- IT knowledge, including computerized systems and electronic cash tills
- Data processing skills, including spreadsheet packages
- Analytical and communication skills
- Unmatched attention to detail for preparing detailed financial information for senior management
- Excellent communication and customer friendly skills.
- Self-motivated and well organized.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should forward their up to date CV’s & application letter to:[email protected]