APIN Public Health Initiatives Limited/Gte, formerly known as AIDS Prevention Initiative in Nigeria is a non-governmental organization registered with the Nigerian Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC). APIN has built a strong partnership with the Nigerian Government, which is memorialized through a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the National Planning Commission. APIN is a leading Nigerian organization in the provision of prevention, care and treatment services to patients with HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis; Malaria; Reproductive Health; Family Planning; Maternal, Newborn and Child Health, and other non-communicable diseases of public health significance. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Officer, Clinical Services
Job ID: api-49794
Employment Type: Temporary
- The successful person will work to accelerate progress toward the attainment of PEPFAR Nigeria program goals in the State, which will include providing support to HIV treatment facilities to achieve epidemic control by reaching the UNAIDS’ 95-95-95 goal.
- S/He will work with other team members to promote age-specific, gender-sensitive approaches to antiretroviral therapy (ART) as part of the national “test and start” strategy to improve linkage to treatment in all LGAs in the state.
- S/He will ensure that newly identified PLHIV (adults and children), as well as those currently on treatment, continue to receive uninterrupted ART services in all LGAs, are retained, and achieve virologic suppression.
- S/He will support ART services for PLHIV through differentiated models of care and treatment in order to improve treatment outcomes and create efficiencies, including multi-month drug refills, use of community structures, etc. Special program emphasis is placed on Benue State where the “ART Surge Strategy” is being implemented.
- S/He will work with other team members to ensure the achievement of the surge objectives.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Must possess a medical degree (MBBS, MBChB) from a recognized institution.
- Possession of a Master’s Degree in Public Health or a related field would be added advantage.
- Must be a registered medical practitioner with a current practice license from the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN).
- Must have a minimum of six (6) years’ post-qualification experience and a minimum of three (3) years’ experience supervising and coordinating the direct provision of Anti-Retroviral Therapy (ART) services in an integrated community setting.
- Knowledge of global and national HIV treatment standards.
- Leadership/mentoring skills and good interpersonal skills.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of and experience using MS office packages including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook among others.
- High level of integrity.
- Must possess good relationship management/ advocacy skills.
- Must possess good report writing, presentation, data interpretation skills.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 30th April, 2021.