APIN Public Health Initiatives Limited/Gte, formerly known as AIDS Prevention Initiative in Nigeria is a non-governmental organization registered with the Nigerian Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC). APIN has built a strong partnership with the Nigerian Government, which is memorialized through a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the National Planning Commission. APIN is a leading Nigerian organization in the provision of prevention, care and treatment services to patients with HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis; Malaria; Reproductive Health; Family Planning; Maternal, Newborn and Child Health, and other non-communicable diseases of public health significance. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Analyst
Job ID: api-08975
Department: Health Informatics
- The Business Analyst will be responsible for bridging the gap between the product owner and the development team on business requirements aligning with the systems analyst using determined requirements and delivering to stakeholders. provide the delivery units with the domain knowledge and necessary support to facilitate effective HIS solutions development.
- He or She will work with the systems analyst to articulate and document HIS software requirement specification documents.
- He /She will use data to suggest business ways that the organization can operate more efficiently.
- He /She will together with the systems analyst investigate problems and provide potential solutions – including improvements to systems and processes – to organizational challenges.
- The Business Analyst will report to the Systems Analyst Lead in activity implementation and management.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communicate with relevant stakeholders in different organizations to find out what they hope to achieve with HIS solutions.
- Formulate business ways for the organization to improve based on previous research
- Persuade internal and external stakeholders of the benefits of new technology or strategies
- Oversee the implementation of new technology and systems in conjunction with the systems analyst
- undertake workshops and training sessions
- Explore how the organization is currently operating via research, which could include interviewing employees and collecting quantitative data
- Explore different solutions, their risks, benefits, and impacts
- proposing business solutions to PHIS3 leadership and keeping them updated with progress
- create business documents to outline the proposed changes and the steps involved.
- Ensuring the changes are made – for example, by overseeing the implementation of new technology or a new approach together with the systems analyst
- Contributing to training and support for people affected by new systems and processes.
- Provide technical assistance to ensure the business implementation, adaptation, and improvement of national interoperable electronic HIS platforms to capture, store and transmit patient-level or service-based data
- Support business development and enhancement of data use and data visualization on the assigned HIS platform.
- Develop and routinely update all processes, standard operating procedures, and documents for software management for the organization together with the systems analyst
- Participate in the design, implementation, testing, and launching of HIS Solutions by the organization together with the systems analyst to ensure business requirements are met
- Collaborate with the government and other stakeholders by attending TWG meetings and implementing the government’s activities.
- Attend designated meetings and make technical presentations about cross-cutting issues at different levels (Team lead meetings, general staff meetings) and with external stakeholders (GON, meetings with Implementing Partners meetings)
- Minimum of BSc in IT, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, and any other relevant areas.
- A Master’s Degree is an added advantage.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in health informatics business analysis.
- Knowledge of agile or other software development methodologies
- Experience in software project management of digital health projects
- Experience working with health sector information systems is preferred
- Experience with business process analysis, workflow, process flow, requirements gathering, and requirements specification development, in conjunction with the systems analyst who will develop UML diagrams, data flow diagrams (DFD), and data modeling.
- Strong knowledge and experience with data extract, transform, and load (ETL) principles, methods, and technology, and the use of application programming interfaces (APIs) for electronic data transfer.
- Knowledge of DHIS 2 data structures, data export capabilities, and API desired.
- Experience with software quality assurance and software development methodologies.
- Experience working on a team in a developing country to create interoperability among information systems, including the use of unique patient identifiers across systems, is desired.
- Thought leadership in the fields of health information systems and/or technology for global health.
- Strong written and oral communication skills for high-level policy audiences (writing examples may be required).
- Excellent coordination and information management skills.
- The ability to work well under pressure; skilled at change management, crisis management, and problem-solving.
- Demonstrated knowledge of strategic planning methodology and documentation processes.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with users and various stakeholders (local and international); developed cultural awareness and innovation sense.
- Excellent ability in spoken and written English with high-level proficiency in a second language is highly preferred.
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
7th April, 2023.