APM Terminals is the global terminal operating arm of the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group. APM Terminals operates a Global Terminal Network of 20,000 employees in five continents which includes 62 operating port and terminal facilities in 40 countries, and over 160 Inland Services operations in 47 countries.
APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish Maersk Group – a Global Fortune 500 company with about 89,000 employees and offices in 130 countries with global growth opportunities in a range of fields from shipping and energy to our offshore and manufacturing industries – Join us to achieve even your most ambitious career goals!
APM Terminals is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Direct Sales Executive
- Manage assigned customers and budget base; pursue and secure business in line with the corporate and regional objectives within the commercial scope
- Develop customer value propositions for all appropriate business opportunities. Strive for consultative sales to distinguish market presence by effectively probing and identifying needs and suggesting solutions to help customers.
- Build a good understanding of target customers and the assigned account base (contact, commodities, trade lanes, type of business, contract information including exceptions and service requirements).
- Understands customers value drivers and has the ability to discuss them from multiple angles and has a dedication to meeting the requisite expectations and requirements.
- Drives for results and can be relied upon to meet and exceed expectations and key performance indicators.
- Is an effective networker that is good at attaining first-hand knowledge of the customer and building trusting and lasting relationships with the customers.
- Can pressure the customer and understands the decision making process and how to influence key decision-makers and pre-empts stakeholder objections to reach a favourable outcome.
- Is comfortable discussing money and has a good understanding of competitors pricing and offers and how differences are justified by other product characteristics.
- Establish internal network in East Nigeria and globally to facilitate resolution of customer issues.
- Build understanding of all service offerings to be able to offer integrated solutions.
- Communicate significant trends, rate changes and policies to assigned accounts.
- Research and understand the territory to identify and establish business contacts with potential customers.
- Research and analyse competitive and industry trends (e.g. analyse sales statistics, prepare reports, study literature regarding new and existing services and monitor sales, prices and services of competitors); recommend appropriate measures.
- Ensure Customer Relationship Management tools are updated on time and with high-quality data.
- Drives two-way communication and clearly articulates the value proposition, engages the customer in jointly addressing business priorities and is good at picking up verbal and non-verbal cues.
Who we are looking for
- Ideal candidate should be enthusiastic with a strong work ethic and be willing to learn. We also value great people skills, ambition and integrity.
- The Ideal candidate should have excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills (both written and oral). In addition, should have organisational and time management skills including multi-tasking, prioritising, and the ability to plan work activities efficiently to meet deadlines.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required with a minimum of 5 years experience in similar position in South-South or South-East Nigeria. Also, highly proficient in Microsoft Office and have a good working knowledge of web-based software and Customer Relationship Management tools such as Salesforce.com or similar CRM systems.
This position offers career development, exposure to multinational systems and process as well as an outstanding opportunity to join a professional team.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply below
Application Deadline 31st May, 2016.