Arik Air is West Africa largest airline. Positioned at the commercial hub airport of one of the world’s leading emerging economies, Arik Air currently serves an ever expanding route network of key cities in Nigeria, Africa, Europe and the US. Arik Air boasts a modern fleet of 28 aircraft.
As part of our overall growing strategy, we are seeking experienced individuals to join and expand our team of passionate and dedicated professionals based in Lagos, Nigeria. In exchange we are offering excellent benefits and career development opportunities.
Arik Air is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Audit Head
- Direct the overall operations of the Internal Audit department on behalf of the Audit Committee and the Management.
- Evaluate and provide reasonable assurance that risk management controls are functioning.
- Ensure efficient and effective performance as well as monitor adherence of internal controls companywide.
- Evaluate and mitigate for all recognized corporate risks and advise management.
- Ensure projects are prioritized based on risk and exposure and assist with project appraisals.
- Create an effective and strategic direction roadmap which covers the values, mission, and objectives of Internal Audit now and in the future.
- Ensure adequate corporate governance exists to provide transparency in business practices.
- Establish quality control programmes over Internal Audit activities, and ensure departmental processes, methodologies and work flows are effective company wide (including project planning, resource management, file review, reporting, and follow up).
- Embed minimum acceptable standards and control frameworks which meet Arik’s Internal Audit objectives.
- Ensure that Internal Audit staffs develop skills and knowledge which provide maximum value for the business, and which are relevant for career advancement.
- Conduct ad-hoc special projects as requested by the Board of Directors, Audit Committee or the CEO.
- Maintain the independence and objectivity required by internal audit functions.
Job Title: Vice President (VP) – Finance
- Manage the general ledger and prepare monthly financial statements and forecasts.
- Oversee the preparation of monthly management reports.
- Monitor actual financial results vs. budget, highlighting key variances for Management.
- Implement all necessary policies and procedures and improve internal controls.
- Manage annual audit including writing financial statements and accompanying notes.
- Manage inter-company reporting and consolidation of accounts between them.
- Develop, recommend, implement, monitor, apply, coordinate, and manage the policies and procedures to govern the accounting and reporting for subsidiaries of the company (domestic and international).
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports for the Board.
- Enhance internal controls by ensuring that processes are in place to safeguard cash.
- Support the SVP-Finance in overseeing the accounting department and audit functions.
- Review reports to analyze projections of sales and profit against actual figures, budgeted expenses against final totals, and suggests methods of improving the planning process as appropriate.
- Ensure that the company files timely and accurate tax returns (federal, state, county, city, sales tax, etc.)
- Maintain all project, discipline, and company-wide financial planning systems, and reporting.
- Responsible for the company payrolls.
- Monitor performance of the accounting department. Provide prompt and objective coaching and counseling.
- Responsible for financial planning and the development of budgets.
Job Title: Associate Vice President (AVP) – Human Resource
- Monitor and maintain the people strategy for the business which would support the overall vision of the business.
- Implement and monitor the annual agenda for HR strategy in line with the business plan. Ensure HR plans support the needs of the business but are also flexible enough to cope with changes in the organisation, as and when they occur.
- Develop and monitor the Performance Management System for the organization.
- Work with the L&D Manager to conduct training needs analysis & designs and implement a training plan with input from business heads.
- Co-ordinate recruitment throughout the company through proper management of a recruitment team/HR team.
- Build relationships with recruiters, draft briefs, set up interviews where necessary and conduct the interviews for senior hires when necessary.
- Ensure all policies and procedures are up to date and legally compliant.
- Provide day-to-day advice to line managers on all human resource issues: management of staff, remuneration, etc.
- Review all staff salaries and make recommendations for pay rises in consultation with department heads and implement any increases and promotions.
- Champion cultural awareness and develop strategies to bridge the gap in order to foster oneness within the company team.
- Embrace diversity and ensure that meaningful plans are in place for the business.
- Connect divisions to ensure business plans are well rounded and fully developed.
- Provide direction to the organisational development team to create a learning and development offer for the business which increases the overall skill of the business.
- Ensure that the customer facing areas of the business are supported with innovative service and language training.
- Lead the succession planning and talent management for the business.
- Define the high potential programmes for the business.