ARM Life is the insurance subsidiary of Asset & Resource Management Company Ltd (ARM). Its parent company, ARM is one of the largest non-bank financial services firms in Nigeria with a focus on asset management. Established in 1994, ARM started operations as a traditional asset management company specialising in the management of quoted equities and fixed income securities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Control Officer (ARM Non-Pension, FINCON, Other Shared Services and Specialised Funds)
Job Type: Full-Time
- The officer will be responsible for ensuring accuracy and reliability of transaction data captured within Operations Unit.
- In addition, the officer will device and maintain s system of control sufficient to provide reasonable assurances on relevant company and clients’ related transactions.
- The Internal Control unit would cover transactions processed by ARM.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that all transactions on behalf of clients and companies are properly processed and captured in the relevant applications by carrying out daily call over procedures.
Within this duty:
- Reconcile daily equity trades effected on the CSCS platform with those booked on the portfolio management system (PMS) and the stock broking application (SBA). Ensure that the relevant accounts/portfolios are debited/credited depending on the nature of the trade.
- Reconcile all cash transactions and investments in fixed income instruments – such as money market and bond instruments
- On the first two bullet points above, reconcile periodically all holdings with ARM’s custodian with regard to the assets held by the custodians on behalf of the firm
- Create and update an issue log report periodically when there is any reconciliation gap. Follow through with the resolution of the gaps and provide relevant documentation on the resolutions
- Review bank reconciliations carried out by Financial Control and ensure that all relevant Operations’ reconciling issues are promptly resolved.
- Regularly compare recorded assets with actual assets
- Carry out periodic reconciliation of clients’ portfolio holdings with relevant registrars’ record to ensure that the PMS and CSCS records correspond with the Registrars’ position
- Compare loans transactions on the PMS with the relevant terms in the loan agreements; in addition, periodically confirm loan details i.e. repayment/value from borrowers, especially for intercompany loans
- Periodically review processes within the Operations units to identify areas with weak controls and recommend suitable measures to mitigate risk exposures.
- Ensure transactions are authorised by relevant personnel
- Review and confirm accuracy of the prices of all the unitized schemes (including the ARM mutual funds) before they are sent out to the public and clients via the firm’s website or email correspondence
- Provide weekly report on reconciliation and control activities. Effectively ensure the implementation of recommendations raised by the external auditors and the internal auditors during their various audit exercise.
- Perform any other jobs assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good administrative and organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills
- High attention to detail and a pursuit to constantly improve current processes and procedures
- Good interpersonal relationship skills
Professional Requirements & Work Experience:
- Demonstrate good knowledge of accounting principles, financial markets and instruments (Preferably an accounting graduate)
- Maximum two years work experience
Application Deadline 26th June, 2018.
Job Title: Senior Strategy Analyst
Job Type: Full-Time
- Responsible for the development and supervision of corporate and unit-level strategy, monitoring, measuring and evaluating the effectiveness and efficiency of the strategy and how it adds value to the Group and subsidiary companies. §Responsible for the incubation of Group-level strategic initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out research and data collection and analysis of qualitative or quantitative data for insights that will drive the development of new strategies and new business opportunities.
- Develop strategies for the Group, and its subsidiaries, through the provision of research support, competitive strategy (Porter’s 5 Forces) analysis, design and implementation of enterprise-wide balance score cards and associated strategy maps, driving the target setting process, and assisting subsidiaries and other business functions on the design and use of the balanced scorecard methodology
- Identifying issues (within the organization and externally) and forming hypotheses, formulating and implementing recommendations /solutions and developing implementation plans.
External Stakeholder Engagement:
- Provide research and co-ordination in preparations for Group presentations to key external parties
- Conduct competitor analysis which involves gathering data on competitor in all business segments that the Group competes in and developing a SWOT analysis for the industry and the Group.
- Identify environmental drivers of business performance and change, through periodic PESTLE analyses of the organization’s operating environment; develop business scenarios (based on outcomes of analyses) and define implications for Group, subsidiaries, and support functions; perform market segmentation, to distill key buyer values; and model organization’s response as appropriate to environment factors, and market segments.
- Assist in business development efforts, including the creation of concepts and proposals
- Develop business proposals and executive level presentations and reports to support analyses and recommendations
- Design financial and organizational models, examine competitive landscapes and conduct stakeholder analyses to support project needs.
- Track and report on critical key performance indicators (e.g. financial, operational) for both the group, subsidiary businesses and support functions; assessing the organization’s performance on core performance drivers; identifying, compiling, analyzing and prioritizing all bottlenecks to optimal performance.
- Benchmark ARM against competitor firms on various relevant parameters and indicators to understand how the firm ranks against competitors within its operating environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
- Advanced Business Degree (preferably an MBA)
- Minimum of 8 years of work experience (with a minimum of 4 years’ experience in Finance or Strategy role within a financial services company or a consulting outfit).
- Achievement (Level 4/4)
- Analytical Thinking (Level 3/4)
- Customer Service Orientation (Level 4/4)
- Entrepreneurship (Level 3/4)
- Flexibility (Level 4/4)
- Holding People Accountable (Level 4/4)
- Intercultural Competence (Level 3/4)
- Leading and Developing Others (Level 4/4)
- Professional Confidence (Level 4/4)
- Relationship Building for Influence (Level 3/4)
- Self-Awareness (Level 4/4)
- Team Working (Level 4/4)
- Working Strategically (Level 34/4)
- Communicating Effectively (Level 3/4)
- Strategy – SSP001 (Level 3/4)
- Benchmarking – SSP002 (Level 3/4)
- Competitive Analysis – SSP003 (Level 3/4)
- Process Management – SSP004 (Level 3/4)
- Macroeconomic Analysis – SSP005 (Level 3/4)
- Market and Regulatory Environment – SSP006 (Level 3/4)
- Knowledge Management – SSP007 (Level 2/4)
- Business Acumen – SSP008 (Level 2/4)
- Corporate Performance Management – SSP009 (Level 3/4)
- Project Management – SSP009 (Level 2/4)
- Business Valuation – IMG003 (Level 3/4)
- Corporate Funding – IMG004 (Level 3/4)
- Research – IMG006 (Level 4/4)
Application Deadline 25th June, 2018.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply