Ascentech Services Limited – Our client, a leading conglomerate comprising companies with business interests in Oil & Gas, Maritime, Foods, etc. is looking to hire a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fire Chief
- We are looking to hire a proactive Fire Chief, who will be responsible for performing thorough fire investigations, determining preliminary causes of fire, securing the incident scenes and preserving evidences, evaluating information, understanding causes of fire and developing policies and procedures to prevent and/or totally eliminate fire incidences and occurrences.
- Have requisite knowledge to perform fire investigation,
- Determine preliminary cause, securing the incident scene and preserving evidence, evaluate information, understand common causes of fire, fire growth and development, policies and procedures for calling investigators, supervise emergency operations,
- Develop pre-incident plan, planning policies, procedures and forms, basic building construction, basic fire protection systems and features, basic water supply, fuel loading, write reports, able to verbally communicate,
- Implement action plan, SOPs, safety of the facility, supervise and account for assigned personnel, conduct post-incident analysis, dispatch response tactics and operations and customer service.
- Identify safety hazards, conduct job performance analysis of staff etc.
Education / Experience / General Requirements:
- B.Sc / HND in an Engineering field.
- A certificate or qualification in Fire Safety from an accredited institution will be preferred.
- Minimum 10 years post qualification experience.
- Should have worked in large Industrial Facilities and have a clear criminal record.
- Should have knowledge about chemical spills.
- Prerequisite knowledge of Administrative, Financial, Communication, Political, Legal, Managerial, Analytical and Information Management is necessary.
- Knowledge of local/State/ Federal regulations
- Knowledge and command over relevant training resources, community needs, internal & external customers and policies and procedures.
- Must be proficient in numeracy, have a good working knowledge of MS office.
- Must maintain excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills, possess good team-working skills,
- Must have the ability to negotiate, demonstrate attention to detail and possess a methodical approach to work.
- Should be guiding force for the zone in implementation of fire safety.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Customer focused,
- Must possess ability to communicate across all levels.
- Must have knowledge of building and fire codes, department plan, staffing requirements, training standards, needs assessment, forecasting needs, analyzing data etc.
- Requisite knowledge of policies and procedures, community plan, response time benchmarks, develop comprehensive disaster plan, hazards, incident management systems
- Be able to provide both summarized and detailed reports, on current activities.
- IT Literate and able to use Microsoft Office
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in mitigation plans development, risk analysis, risk elimination, mitigation means etc.
- Should have handled chemical spills, road mishaps, oil spills, road rescue, etc.
- Should have requisite knowledge of disaster management and emergency situation handling.
- Must show proactive involvement in procurement, maintaining the assets of the Fire department in good working condition,
- Regularly conduct fire drills, educate and train the individual safety officers of various entities.
- Maintain disaster management system.
- Deployment of Rapid response team, ensure a safe zone etc.
- Commercially astute, risk averse & able to accurately forecast cost.
- Multi-tasking, self-motivated, energetic team player with a flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- Have good practical organization skills, planning of resources and programme scheduling.
Interested and qualified candidates should send CV to: [email protected] stating the position applied for in the mail subject line.
Application Deadline: 31st January, 2020.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.