Ascentech Services Limited is a full-fledged Human Resource Solution Provider incorporated in 2013 with its Head Office in Lagos, Nigeria. We are committed to forging long-term partnerships with our clients by creating and delivering robust and flexible services that address the changing needs of their business. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Shipping Officer
Location: Apapa, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Track, check, prioritize and route orders.
- Manage all important documents such as advanced shipping notice, pick slips, bills of lading etc.
- Direct the flow of packages from preparation to shipment
- Inspect labels, barcodes and other features of completed orders
- Supervise and lead subordinates (receiving clerks, order pickers etc.)
- Control budget of the shipping department
- Collaborate with warehouse, purchasing and other managers to optimize processes
- Resolve issues regarding shipped orders
- Ensure compliance to legal regulations and company policies
- Report to management on activities and issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Administration or any related discipline.
- Minimum of 4-5 years’ experience in handling Shipping line in a manufacturing company or the Transportation and Logistics industry
- Must have experience in handling Shipping Line related work and issues. Shipping Release, Payment Reconcile, Getting the Refund of Deposit. Etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications such as MS-excel, MS-word and Outlook
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good problem-solving and decision-making skills.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 10th August, 2021.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.