Ascentech Services Limited – Our client, an FMCG Company, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HSE Officer
Location: Sango, Ogun
Employment Type: Full-time
- To ensure the compliance of health, safety and environmental policy by the employees and contract laborers, visitors in the plant, warehouses and in the construction site. This includes drivers also.
- Daily inspection of the plant and environment for compliance to HSE practices. Any deviations observed to be corrected immediately.
- Conduct regular short training or talks to casuals and employees about the work place hazards and importance of adherence to safety practices.
- Risk assessment of maintenance activity carried out inside and outside the plant has to be assessed in terms of both food safety and occupational health safety point of view. Co-ordinate with maintenance department to get prior knowledge off maintenance activities planned to do the assessment effectively.
- Risk assessment of activities in the construction sites to be assessed and necessary corrective actions to be proposed to the contractor.
- Risk assessment of fire and electric hazards in the factory has to be conducted at a periodic frequency. Observations to be shared with all concerned.
- Give awareness to contractors and laborers n the importance of safety. Both food and occupational health safety.
- Prepare incident reports in connection with accidents or any unusual occurrences inside the plant and circulate the report.
- Conduct periodic HSE audit and various pollution testing like noise, air, etc.
- Co-ordinate with the environmental consultant and collect the effluent water and soil samples for quarterly testing.
- Ensure that the issues discussed in the HSE meetings are corrected or action plan is in progress. Adequate follow up in this regard has to be done with individual FPR.
- Periodic HSE audit has to be conducted. Findings of the audit to be circulated to the team and ensure that corrective actions are being done to close the non-conformity.
- Visits from various ministries or departments – like OGEPA, OGWAMA, Fire Safety, Labor, Electrical Safety, etc. Has to be coordinated and attend meeting with the officials to know their comments and findings if any. Corrective actions for the observations have to be implemented in discussion with respective department heads.
- Conduct periodic fire safety training for employees and arrange external training programmes if necessary in discussion with the PM.
- To be update with the latest developments in regulations regarding various ministries and also OSHAS.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Time: Assigned tasks are completed within the defined deadline.
- Quality: Ensure that activities are systematically planned, scheduled and conducted with proper records.
- Quantity: Quantify the efficiency of work and tasks completed based on data analysis.
- Cost: Ensure that all the activities are planned by taking care of the cost aspect without compromising on the quality.
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 5 years’ experience.
- The ideal candidate should possess a BSc and a trained HSE candidate from organizations like NEBOSH with proper certifications.
- Candidate should be well versed in GMP, food safety aspects, and should be capable of identifying safety risks and conducting risk assessment.
- Candidate should have a good attitude to work and strictly implement the safety rules in the company.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good communication.
- The employee should be fully committed to His/Her work and is expected to show good behavior towards colleagues, workers and superiors.
- His/Her should aim towards continual improvement in the quality, GMP and food safety aspects of product.
N100,000 – N120,000 Monthly.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 7th December, 2021.