Asset & Resource Management Holding Company – Established in 1994 as an asset management firm, ARM offers wealth creation opportunities through a unique blend of traditional asset management and alternative investment services.
We enable businesses to thrive, and help our clients to maximize their returns and realise their most important goals. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Investment Analyst (ARMHILL)
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full time
- The Investment Analyst (IA) provides portfolio data and analytics to the senior Fund Management Team to assist in selecting and executing deals and for monitoring the existing portfolio.
- It is the responsibility of the Investment Analyst to ensure that all the facts/figures are in place when investment decisions are taken.
- Among other things, the IA works with senior Fund Management Team to create presentations for client and prospect meetings, provide research support for the equity strategy of the senior Fund Management Team by scanning and gathering relevant basic / fundamental research data to guide them.
- The job is demanding, and requires long hours and travel, but offers exciting challenges and prospects. Exceptional proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Project) is a requirement.
Market and Investment Opportunity Analysis:
- The IA will gather data / information, perform research and analyze the investment portfolio whilst pointing to new opportunities. The Investment Analyst’s work will focus on the specific niches of the fund i.e. Energy, Transport and Utilities and provide an opportunity for the IA to become an analytical expert in these sectors.
- Conducts research on Fund target sectors, countries, projects, etc, as appropriate, to support Fund Management Team decision-making regarding deal flow development and prioritisation; On an ongoing / continuous basis, the IA will collect and interpret data including but not limited to company financial statements, price developments, currency adjustments and yield fluctuations. The information gathering also includes macro developments, such as following a country’s significant political changes, climate change and the impact of natural disasters, and emerging industries and service sectors.
- Prepares regular reports on the status of dealflow development, which show which deals are in the pipeline, the types and sizes of deals, their stage of advancement, their location, information on co-sponsors / counterparties, the Fund’s interest, etc.
- Assists with the coordination of, and fully participates in, the due diligence of investment targets, providing advanced analytical, deal-structuring, financial modelling, valuation, research, negotiation, and other transaction support as required.
- Assists with the preparation of documentation required in line with the Fund investment process, to support submissions to and securing of and approvals from, the Managing Director / CEO, the Investment Committee, and the Fund Advisory Board, for the closing of investment transactions.
- Complies strictly with the Fund investment process in all its respects and raises early warning of any deviations from laid-down processes and procedures in this regard.
- The IA will present his/her research to the Fund Management Team where different expert views will be brought to bear on the same before final recommendations and investment decisions are made. Collaboration is a key part of the job, as is giving presentations and sharing information amongst peers.
- In the course of his / her work, the Investment Analyst will have some level of direct interaction with management of the companies being researched or similar key players and may also meet with relevant stakeholders.
Due Diligence and Post-completion Monitoring:
- Conducts advanced financial and operational performance analyses of portfolio companies post deal completion, to track performance against operational and investment returns targets, and to provide early warning of material deviations from expectations. This may include but not be limited to:
- Assisting portfolio companies in the development of business plans and budgets;
- Attending Board meetings of investee companies if designated to serve on such boards;
- Preparing reports on the status and performance of investments;
- Financial modelling, sensitivity, and scenario analysis; and
- Identifying value creation opportunities for portfolio companies and making recommendations in that regard to the Fund Management Team.
- Monitors portfolio companies’ adherence to Fund and other pertinent policies, processes, and procedures, and coordinates compliance with Fund reporting requirements with such companies as appropriate
Internal Process and Cost Management:
- Complies with administrative internal control process and procedures and supports the wider Fund Management Team to ensure similar compliance throughout the team.
- Assists with the development of business plans and budgets for the Fund, the Fund Management Company, and projects as appropriate, including providing financial modelling and other support.
- Prepares and / or supports the preparation of internal reports on actual performance against business plans and budget, for review by the Managing Director / CEO and Chief Investment Officer.
- Complies with project budgets as approved.
Experience and Education:
- Minimum of 5 years’ post qualification experience in a similar or related position.
- University degree with qualification in Business disciplines with a quantitative component, such as finance, accounting or economics, and other subjects that provide training in analytical and quantitative skills, such as statistics, mathematics, or engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree plus CFA, ACCA, other relevant qualifications or Mater’s degree will be an added advantage.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Closing Date