Association for Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities of Nigeria (AIDDN) is a non-profit Organization and an umbrella body of Parents and Professionals of Children and Adults with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities in Nigeria. The Head office of the Association is currently located in Lagos, Nigeria. The association works for the upliftment of Persons with all categories of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities in the 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory; Abuja, Nigeria (Project area) by increasing awareness about disabilities, influencing government policies and encouraging positive change in behaviour towards individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
We are currently implementing projects supported by CBM in areas of organisation strengthening tagged “Action for Change”. We are recruiting an individual to manage our financial operations in the position below:
Job Title: Account Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
Work Hours: Monday to Friday.
Duties / Assignments:
The Account Officer will:
- Oversee the financial operations of the organization and ensure timely and accurate financial reports and practices including cash management, payroll, financial disbursements, ledgers etc.
- Prepare the Staff payroll, and ensure tax calculations, pension and other statutory contribution is made in line with relevant internal and national regulations.
- Maintain internal accounting system and records and ensure reliability and integrity of financial management information systems, documentation, and reports.
- Ensure that internal control procedures and donor regulations are adhered to for all cash and bank disbursements, receipts, transfers and include appropriate backup of supporting documentation.
- Process all payments (bank) ensuring that proper support documents are included and are properly approved internally before payment.
- To ensure the safe keeping of all critical financial tools such as cheque books, receipt books and payment vouchers.
- Ensure proper cash flow management to run the office, with the support of Programme Coordinator
- Maintain and manage petty cash documents while observing approved standard procedures
- Reconcile all ledgers, to ensure that all transactions are accurately recorded and reported
- Monitor actual versus budget, bank balances, cash balances and asset purchases, with a view to advice on any arising financial issues with potential budget holder.
- Support in tracking and providing needed reports for AIDDN budget transfer and implementation rates, on request.
- As a member of the procurement committee, ensure that any purchase, lease or sale of assets is done in accordance with procurement guidelines and receives the required approvals.
- Submit timely and complete reports as per agreed timetable and in line with established reporting requirements (CBM G, donor & regulatory).
- In charge of proper preparation, circulation, filing and archiving of all accounting, financial and contractual documents in conformity with internal and donor procedures.
- Document and maintain updated administrative processes and procedures; initiate and lead regular reviews to ensure clarity, effectiveness, and efficiency
- Observe compliance with financial regulatory requirements including statutory accounts, audit, tax filing, pension contributions, etc.
- Perform any other duties as assigned from time to time by the line manager.
- Administrative support to programs and internal processes in the organization in relation to events, conferences, workshops.
- Ensure that Office is well maintained i.e. clean offices, well-maintained office stocks. .
- Oversee the financial audits of all projects of the association.
- Provide financial inputs for proposal development, project management, human resource management policies, logistics, travel and other areas of administration.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, Internal Audit. Professional qualification in accounting desirable (e.g., ACCA, CIMA, CIA) but not essential
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role ensuring effective financial management, system.
- Multitasking to successfully handle multiple accounts,invoices and payments at various stages of execution of the Project.
- Excellent efficiency in handling any accounting issues quickly with minimal interference.
- 3 years of work experience in a similar organization preferred.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data/reports to make recommendations regarding operations on the Project.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested and qualified candidates should send a Cover Letter, Resume and a 1 – 2 pages writing sample to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “AIDDN AO” as the subject of the mail.
14th January, 2023.