At Tetra Pak, we commit to making food safe and available, everywhere, and we protect what’s good – protecting food, protecting people and protecting the planet. By doing so we touch millions of people’s lives every day. And we need people like you to make it happen. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Accountant
- Tetra Pak West Africa has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Accountant who will provide accurate information for financial reporting and have specialized knowledge of all processes and procedures. Works autonomously within established procedures and practices.
- May act as a lead, providing subject matter guidance to team members.
- The successful candidate will be based in Lagos, Nigeria and will report to the Accounting Manager EA & WE.
What Will You Do:
- Ensure compliance with internal, external reporting standards, and internal control rules
- Preparation of annual financial statements for statutory audit.
- Manage statutory audit management process
- Drive Tax compliance process through on time accurate tax filing of returns & payment of dues taxes & statutory deductions.
- Manage employees travel expense claims
- Adherence to month end book closing procedures/reporting & deadline
- Tax audit management & follow up to ensure closure with revenue authority
- Transfer pricing compliance & documentation
- Participating in cross functional projects & drive continuous improvements projects for accounting.
- Ensure compliance with internal processes in consideration of local/statutory requirements
- Monitor and Control Tetra Pak West Africa Trail Balance
- Drive Financial Reporting Manual (FRM)/ IFRS compliance
- Responsible for monthly Internal reporting and controls
- Prepare and book quarterly companies income and deferred tax provisions
- Stay informed of business regulations & local laws & ensure operations within the same.
Who You Are:
- Chartered member of Institute of Charted Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) / ACCA or in view.
- Degree in Accounting / Finance or related discipline.
- 5 years solid experience in direct & indirect taxes.
- Experience in use of MIS and Financial Reporting Systems.
- Knowledge of SAP is a must.
- Experience in Tax & Accounting function.
- Having worked in the big 4 audit firms or in a multinational will be an added advantage
- Practical Knowledge of IFRS / Local GAAP.
- Good knowledge of statutory regulations and tax laws, rules & regulations.
- Fluent in English
- Good interpersonal skills & excellent team player
- Ability to work across boundaries
- Self-driven to deliver results independently
- Strong analytical skills.
- Detailed & result oriented
We Offer You:
- Variety of exciting challenges with ample opportunities for development and training in a truly global landscape.
- Culture that pioneers a spirit of innovation where our engineering experts drive visible results.
- Equal opportunity employment experience that values diversity and inclusion
- Market competitive compensation and benefits with flexible working arrangements.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 5th May, 2022.