Tenth Code Media operates at the intersection of Connection, Innovation and Results. We collaborate with forward-thinking brands to achieve business objectives through strategy, creativity and technology. Our services include the following: Business Consulting, Training and Conferences, BlogMedia Value Added Services.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Business Development Officer
- As the Business Development Officer for Tenth Code Media, you will work remotely from your home office in or around Lagos, Nigeria.
- This person helps to define long-term organizational strategic goals, assists in building key customer relationships, helps to identify business opportunities and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions about technology, innovation and business.
- They call on clients, often being required to make presentations on solutions and services. They will also attend media briefings on behalf of the company.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
- The primary role of the Business Development Officer is to prospect for new clients by networking, advertising or other means of generating interest from potential clients.
- They must then plan persuasive approaches that will convince potential clients to do business with the company.
- They are also required to grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new solutions and services to clients.
- Strategic planning is a key part of this job description since it is the business development officer’s responsibility to help to develop the pipeline of new business coming in to the company. This requires a thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions/services the company can provide, and of the company’s competitors.
- While the exact responsibilities will vary for the different services, the main duties of the Business Development Officer can be summarized as follows:
- They must develop a rapport with new clients, and set targets for sales and provide support that will continually improve the relationship.
New Business Development:
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Cold call as appropriate within your market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Plan approaches and pitches.
- Develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
- Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Attend media briefings, meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders/Principals.
- Present an image that mirrors that of the client.
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
Business Development Planning:
- Attend industry functions, such as association events, networking events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
Management and Research:
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Understand the company’s goal and purpose so that will continual to enhance the company’s performance.
Other Skills and Qualifications
- 1st degree from a reputable university.
- Must have a functional Laptop and have access to the Internet
- Networking, Persuasion, Prospecting, Public Speaking, Research, Writing, Closing Skills, Motivation for Sales, Prospecting Skills, Sales Planning, Identification of Customer Needs and Challenges, Territory Management, Market Knowledge, Meeting Sales Goals, Professionalism, CRM, and Microsoft Office.
Note: Must have a functional Laptop and have access to the Internet.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV’s to: [email protected]
Application Deadline: 15th June, 2017.