Farmcrowdy is an agric-tech platform that gives Nigerians the opportunity to participate in Agriculture by connecting farm sponsors with real farmers for the purpose of producing high-quality farm produce. Our mandate is to empower rural farmers, contribute to food security in Nigeria and provide a healthy means of engaging people with Agriculture from a profit-driven perspective.We are recruiting to fill the position below:
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Customer Relations /Front Desk Officer
- Customer Relations/ Front Desk Officer is to act as a liaison in providing product information to our clientele; manage large amounts of customer enquiries, identifying and assessing customer’s needs in order to achieve satisfaction.
- Front Desk Management
- Manager customer enquiries via communication media channels (incl. of phone calls) assigned in order to provide appropriate information as directed by the Communications unit
- Build sustainable relationships and with Farmcrowdy’s clientele base
- Provide accurate, valid and complete information by using assigned software applications
- Follow Communication procedures and guidelines
- Identify and assess customers’ needs to achieve satisfaction
- Take the extra mile to engage Farmcrowdy’s clientele
- Customer support experience as a client service representative
- Familiarity with CRM systems and practices
- Excellent phone contact handling skills and active listening
- Excellent communication skills (both written & oral) & presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Willingness to Learn
- Goal Oriented Focus
Job Title: Technical Field Specialist – Cassava
Contract duration: Minimum 2 years.
Reports to: VP, Operations & CEO
- The Cassava Specialist is responsible for the Cassava Farm Operations.
- The Cassava Specialist will play a key role in planning, organizing and implementing the production and commercialization plans for all Farmcrowdy’s Cassava Project Farms.
- He/She will be managing a combined team of Farm Managers, Farm Extension Workers and also the Farmers.
- The role requires a reliable, trustworthy, conscientious, self-motivated professional who is always prepared to be a “hands on” practical farm manager when required.
- To co-ordinate management of all Cassava farm operations within the region.
- Perform long and short term project management to optimize farm profit and minimize loss
- Manage the initial set-up of the farm from bush clearing, irrigation installations and building up your team
- Manage all day-to-day operations in for cassava farming
- Manage seed acreage contract allocations to farmers
- Land management of cropping systems, nutrients, pests, tillage and other resources
- To increase yield by variety selection and soil improvement practices
- Active involvement in Selection of Farm lands, Soil tests etc
- Co-ordinate an integrated pest management system
- Coordinate financial and physical performance of the farms
- Successful implementation of short and long term business plans in cooperation with the management team and ground staff
- Develop a cost effective and environmentally sound method of enhancing yields
- To create a stable workforce by providing leadership for effective management of the staff and operations of the region.
- Facilitate Training programs; Develop and Deliver appropriate training to both Farm Managers and Farm Extension Workers; Coordinate training needs assessment
- Risk Assessment and Management
- Set-up agreed KPIs for the region and ensure targets are achieved
- Financial Reports on all Farming activities
- Conflict Resolution
- Compile and Control Yearly Budgets for the region
- To provide coaching and training on developing production management programmes which will enhance profitability
- Maintain the Farm Projects’ evaluation program, measuring for effectiveness and productivity of operation areas. Prepare reports as assigned.
- Maintain regular communication with the Farm Managers and the Farm Extension workers
- Liaise and interact with Farmers’ co-operatives/ Farming communities located within the region
Ideal candidates for this role will have:
- Master’s degree with specialization in Plant breeding, Agronomy or related fields with at least 5 years experience
- At least 10 years of hands-on experience in agricultural processes and farms operations with focus on Cassava Production Management and Commercialization.
- Must be able to provide evidence on a previous Cassava farm project/research work in agriculture with reference from the farm management about a successful out-come
- Must have knowledge of Irrigation Farming
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to make sound decisions and solve problems
- Effective leader and team-player receptive to feedback and willing to learn new things and share knowledge and skills; embracing continuous improvement
- Excellent organizational and negotiating skills
- Language proficiency (English & other Indigenous Languages)
- Willingness to Travel
- Must have working knowledge of other crops such as Rice; Maize; Tomato and or livestock peculiar to given regions
- Must demonstrate ownership of an Agric Support Network
- Must belong to a Professional Body (Group) that is related/affiliated to Agriculture
- Must have access to Federal (State) Ministries and or Parastatals which are responsible for Agriculture (Products, Equipment and otherwise)
Note: The cover letter must include a recent passport photograph attached to the top right hand corner page of your cover letter.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a cover letter along with your CV to: [email protected] with Job Position you are applying for, e.g, ‘Application for Technical Field Cassava Specialist’
Application Deadline: 27th April, 2017.