Axios Foundation Nigeria (AFN) is a Not-for-Profit Organization dedicated to increasing access to quality Healthcare and providing a full spectrum of capacity building and supply chain management services, including quantification, procurement, warehousing, inventory management, distribution, data collection and reporting, as well as training and technical assistance for Maternal & Child Health, Comprehensive HIV Care and Treatment programs.
We are currently seeking supply chain professionals for a donor funded project on Integrated Health Program (IHP) in Bauchi, Kebbi and Sokoto, to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Advisor
Locations: Bauchi, Kebbi, and Sokoto.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Management of consultants (STTAs) in supporting key activities in the state.
- Support and participate in work planning activities in the state.
- Support each state technically in the procurement of essential health commodities.
- Support training and capacity building of LGA supply chain managers on good storage, commodity management and logistics management information system (TOT).
- Support the stepdown training of facility staff by the LGA supply chain managers (trainers).
- Support the establishment and training of health facility committees in the LGAs to serve as champions for mobilization of the community to access quality services.
- Strengthen a private public partnership (PPP) last mile distribution model for the LGAs.
- Strengthen LGA Logistic Management Coordinating Units (LMCUs) to work collaboratively with the State LMCUs and GHSCPSM to ensure availability and visibility of logistic data as well as essential health commodities in the health facilities.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy, Supply Chain, and other relevant areas.
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Operations Management, or other relevant areas.
- Good project management skills.
- Good knowledge of data analysis and evaluation.
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work with international organizations, government officials, non-governmental organizations and the private sector.
- Strong computer skills.
- Fluency in oral and written English.
- Flexibility and ability to work long hours.
- Relevant professional qualification or membership is an advantage.
- Minimum 7 -10 years of experience in Logistics and Supply Chain Management for Health Commodities, preferably in Nigeria.
- Knowledge and experience in routine immunization programs, reproductive health, family planning, and other health programs.
- Experience in capacity building and training of logistics and health facility staff.
- Experience working in Northern Nigeria.
- Demonstrated ability to work with government staff at multiple levels in including the state and local community levels.
- In-depth understanding of the Nigerian public health sector especially in the areas of HIV/AIDS, family planning, maternal and child health, malaria, tuberculosis, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of drug logistics and supply chain management techniques.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter (explaining suitability for the job) and comprehensive Curriculum Vitae in ONLY one attachment (MS word document) to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 5th September, 2018.
- Please indicate the Position and Location as the subject of your e-mail and header of your cover letter.
- Applications without a cover letter stating suitability will be rejected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.