Aza Finance (Formerly Known as Bipesa) is an established provider of currency trading solutions which accelerate global access to frontier markets through an innovative infrastructure.We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Strategic Finance Lead
Locations: Johannesburg or Lagos
Employment Type: Full time
- This is a brand-new role that will work closely with the CFO to help shape and execute strategic financial initiatives such as fund raises (debt and equity), M&A, KPI development, and general analysis.
- The Head of Strategic Finance will work with department leaders across the company to gather insights, help execute strategy, and provide insight. The role will provide comprehensive financial insight into the business and help tell the story from a numbers perspective.
- In this role, you will be supporting our high growth business and be in a unique position with visibility into the whole company. In addition to supporting our financial planning, forecasting, reporting, and analysis efforts, you’ll have the opportunity to turn these insights into initiatives, running with them and helping drive strategic decisions.
- This is a great opportunity to take on a broad scope of responsibilities and build a diverse set of skills across the finance function. If you like problem-solving, variety and seeing your work put into action, this is the job for you.
- Build pitch decks for a variety of projects including fund raising, corporate development, board deck slides, revenue analysis, and others.
- Work closely with department leaders to develop financial forecasts
- Apply business judgment and financial insights to assist with decision making related to new initiatives, products, and business opportunities
- Sophisticated financial modeling: build models from scratch, improve existing models, and maintain existing models including three statement financial models and others.
- Develop pipeline of M&A targets and the competitive landscape
- Lead special projects, potentially including M&A analysis and execution
- Build due diligence material for potential investors, lenders, partners, internal stakeholders, etc.
- Be creative, adaptive, and eager to learn new technical skill sets
- Degree from top university
- 4-6+ years of related work experience in an analytical capacity (e.g. corporate finance, investment banking, management consulting)
- Advanced analytical skills (including statistical modeling) and business insight
- Ability to build clear and concise presentations and tell a story with numbers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience managing multiple work streams and working with many business partners
- Strong project management skills
- Comfort with remote work and distance from manager (CFO is remote)
- Entrepreneurial spirit and incurable optimism
Nice to have:
- Payments industry and / or international experience
- Advance degree (MBA, MS, MSc, etc) or certification (CFA, CPA, etc)
- Competitive salary
- Casual work environment
- Opportunity for some remote working
- Great work-life balance
- We value autonomy
- Environmental-friendly (we try to use as little paper as possible!
- Opportunity for growth for all our employees
- …and more!
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: Not Specified.