Babban Gona Agricultural Franchise is a financially sustainable, high impact and highly scalable social enterprise, which is part-owned by the farmers it serves. Babban Gona is an innovative model designed to serve the bottom of the pyramid and transform agriculture into a job-creation engine. Through this agricultural franchise, Babban Gona offers a suite of services to smallholder farmers, helping them to overcome the challenges of fragmentation and low economies of scale. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Principal, Corporate Finance
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Capital Raising and Investor Relations:
- End-to-end process of organising and managing capital raising processes, preparation of marketing and due diligence materials, addressing questions from investors, organizing meetings and roadshows, as well as negotiations and fund documentation preparations.
- Focus on raising capital – build and cultivate existing investor relationships.
- Identify potential investors and develop proper points of contact, both direct and indirect, in order to develop direct relationships for capital raising.
- Initiate calls to investors and meet face-to-face to explain investment opportunities.
- Participate in strategic planning with senior management to set financial goals, as well as the company’s strategic agenda.
- Effectively articulate the investment philosophy and strategy to potential and existing investors.
- Drive and manage the institutional investment process.
- Participate in investment, valuation and risk management processes.
- Assist the Leadership team with strategic decisions and business initiatives associated with fundraising, marketing, and investor relations.
- Build a network of institutional investor relationships as a foundation for future capital raises.
- Participate in organizing investor due diligence, subscription, and closing.
- Develop and manage communication protocols for all boarded investors, including distribution of periodic performance updates and financial information.
- Preparation of due diligence responses, meeting agendas, etc.
- Produce deliverables for communication with existing and prospective investors;
- Maintain and update information on existing investors, including contact information, investor activity, and portfolio construction planning, and communicate this information internally;
- Develop a thorough understanding of investors’ investments and activity in order to competently represent the firm and report to investors;
- Manage third-party vendors such as legal counsel and marketing consultants;
- Manage certain levels of investor communication such as transaction announcements (new deals, add-on, exits);
- Work with senior leadership and external consultants to optimize and maintain Babban Gona brand.
- Babban Gona currently operates a decentralized model with 10 offices spread across Nigeria.
- This role would be based in Lagos.
- This position reports to the Head, Corporate Finance.
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Economics or other relevant field. The equivalent of the same in practical experience is also acceptable. The candidate will also be better suited with ICAN, CFA or ACCA certification.
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills and experienced in financial analysis and modelling
- 6 – 8 years of related experience in a Corporate Finance role within a fast-moving and dynamic business environment, preferably in a senior corporate finance role
- Experience in Corporate Finance Role
- Demonstrated ability to interpret data to derive business insights
- Good knowledge of the local and international financial markets
- Previous track record of success in capital raising
- Strong organizational and project management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize deliverables, and manage and meet tight deadlines
- Experience with due diligence processes and analyses
- Service-oriented and pro-active, with good interpersonal skills and a passion for developing strong relationships with existing clients and prospects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills (including Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Strong financial modelling skills; outstanding analytical and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and problem solving skills
- Ability to provide support to; and collaborate with internal units and external groups to achieve business objectives
Start Up Environment:
- Thrives in a fast paced, start-up environment with dynamic business priorities.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: Not Specified.