Bankrol Africa is an industry leader serving the real estate, energy and investment sectors. We are on a mission to be the premier brand recognized for fostering resilient, inventive, and dynamic growth for our employees and the communities in which we serve and have a vision to become a global leader in providing excellent services and delivering value to our customers. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
This position will be reporting to: Senior management team
- We are looking for an experienced surveyor to supervise field staff and ensure our projects are delivered with quality and on time.
- Your basic responsibilities will also include calculating land boundaries in several locations and creating maps and reports of survey results for clients.
- This role requires hands-on experience with engineering instruments and knowledge of GPS and GIS systems.
- To succeed as a surveyor, you should also have great mathematical and analytical skills, and a good eye for measurements.
- If you meet our criteria and if you’re also organized and detail-oriented with a strong experience in this field, we’d like to hear from you.
- We are looking for an analytical surveyor to conduct land surveys and perform mathematical calculations with a high level of accuracy.
- Your measurements and calculations will be used for various construction and engineering projects in order to aid the decision-making and design processes.
- As a quantity surveyor, your goal will be to reduce the cost and risk of a construction project while maintaining the required legal standards and quality. This includes ensuring that all statutory building regulations are followed.
- You’ll prepare work estimates and costs, and as the project progresses, you’ll keep track of any contract modifications that could have an impact on costs and produce reports to demonstrate profitability.
- Working for the client or the contractor, in an office or on-site, you’ll be involved in every stage of a project. Commercial, industrial, and residential constructions are among the projects.
- Perform mathematical calculations using specialized equipment in order to measure, mark, and delineate the boundaries of land for public, government, or private development.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Keep track of each project’s construction schedule and budget.
- Negotiate pricing contracts with subcontractors and suppliers, conduct research on new materials for design and cost savings, and develop and implement new purchasing methods to offer continued cost savings and process simplification.
- Define work scopes, anticipate demand, assist in resolving billing or contract disagreements, and manage change order requests.
- Create purchase orders to order materials and equipment for jobs, and to expedite their delivery.
- Make sure that project budgets are followed, give analysis of any variances, and use accurate takeoffs to guarantee budget accuracy.
- Assist in ensuring company awareness of and adherence to all building codes and regional construction regulations to support the company’s quality control program.
- Maintain relationships with subcontractors and suppliers, as well as establish new relationships with subcontractors and suppliers, to ensure adequate resources for all projects and to continuously improve pricing and quality of work; meet with subcontractors and suppliers on-site as needed.
- Increase productivity and profitability by leveraging technology, safety precautions, and information sharing.
- Maintain sub/supplier information in the company’s online management systems, as well as inventory management of materials and equipment.
- Predicting potential risks in the project and taking precautions to mitigate such.
- Prepare tender documents, contracts, budgets and other documentation.
- Tender management including preparation of bills of quantities, contract conditions and assembly of tender documents.
- Researching and consulting historical maps and surveys, as well as legal documents, relating to the property or section of land they are measuring.
- Analyzing data using plans, maps, charts, and software such as AutoCAD and GIS programs.
- Presenting data to clients and preparing reports detailing legal boundaries and other relevant information.
- Collaborating and working with project managers, construction crew, and government agencies, when necessary.
- HND in Quantity Surveying, Engineering, Management or a related field.
- At least 4 years experience under a licensed professional surveyor
- Construction estimating or finance experienced is advantageous.
- Working knowledge of GPS and GIS
- Tech savvy, including familiarity with CAD software
- Aptitude in math and problem-solving
- Experience using hand surveying tools (distance measuring wheels, plump bulbs, levels) and electronic surveying tools (transit levels, GPS equipment.).
- Attention to detail
- Great organizational and leadership skills
- Degree in Civil Engineering or a similar field
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent negotiating and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize, plan, and strategize.
- Great networking abilities
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
N120,000 – N150,000 Monthly.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
20th February, 2023.