Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm based in Washington, DC. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within five practice areas: inclusive finance, health, gender, enterprise development, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E).
We are recruiting full-time candidates to impelment its activities under an upcoming USAID-funded project in Nigeria in the capacity below:
Job Title: Finance Specialist
Job ID: 2018-1339
- Identify bank partners interested in lending to the agriculture sector; structure partnership agreements, develop monitoring tools, and provide technical assistance and training to bank staff.
- Provide thought leadership on innovative mechanisms to increase access to finance for SMEs, women-owned businesses and exporters.
- Design and implement technical interventions to catalyze financing for small and medium-sized businesses (SMEs) and agri-businesses.
- Build the capacity of Nigerian business service advisory (BDS) firms in financial analysis, business planning, and general financial assistance to SMEs and agribusinesses.
- Identify agri-businesses and SMEs seeking debt/equity financing and support their financial needs to access investment.
- Support the development of SME business plans, cash/flow statements and other financial documents to secure short- and long-term financing.
- Five years of experience designing and implementing access to finance programs in Nigeria
- Advanced degree in relevant field (Accounting, Finance, MBA, or other)
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking, and communication skills
- Fluency in English is required and fluency in French, preferred.
- Experience working with USAID or other international donor-funded projects
- Knowledge of and experience with SME financing, trade finance, and agricultural lending programs in Nigeria
- Experience in designing and delivering training and technical assistance for banks and financial institutions on SME financing
- Experience providing hands-on technical assistance to agri-businesses and SMEs to support financing (e.g., developing a business plan, cash/flow statements).
Salary commensurate with background and experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 30th April, 2018.