Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm based in Washington, DC. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within five practice areas: inclusive finance, health, gender, enterprise development, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E).
We are recruiting full-time candidates to implement its activities under an upcoming USAID-funded project in Nigeria in the capacity below:
Job Title: Gender Specialist
- We are seeking a Gender Specialist based in Abuja, Nigeria for a long-term consulting position for a five-year, USAID-funded malaria project. Ideal candidates have a minimum of 7 years of experience in gender integration, women’s empowerment, and public health and malaria prevention and treatment programming.
The Gender Specialist will be responsible for leading gender integration, social inclusion and women’s empowerment programming on a five-year USAID-funded project.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Work with project staff to integrate gender considerations into programming and design and implement specific activities to address gender gaps;
- Provide strategic technical guidance on gender to key personnel, project staff, government ministries, and project partners and stakeholders.
- Conduct gender analyses and research on gender norms and constraints in project locations in Nigeria;
- Work with project staff to integrate findings into program planning and strategy. This will include reviewing and providing input to project work plans, with attention to gender and social inclusion dimensions of technical activities and operations, and discuss gender issues and priorities with project senior management and other technical specialists;
- Develop and roll out gender mainstreaming training for project staff and stakeholders;
- Support the development, tracking and reporting on indicators to measure the progress of the project across gender dimensions;
- An understanding of monitoring and evaluation, including experience with effective gender indicators and data collection considerations;
- Capacity to be original and creative in strategies to integrate gender considerations into non-gender related programming.
- Master’s Degree in international development, public health, gender, or a related field;
- Seven or more years of experience working in gender integration;
- Five or more years of experience effectively integrating gender into health and malaria programming;
- Three or more years of experience partnering with government ministries;
- Experience designing and facilitating trainings on gender integration;
- Strong communications skills, and effective report-writing skills;
Salary commensurate with background and experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply