BASF – We are the world’s leading chemical company, because we offer intelligent solutions both for our customers and for a sustainable future. To this end, we promote the development of people with very different talents – worldwide. A variety of development opportunities are open to you as a result. At BASF, your performance counts as well as your personality. Thus, careers develop from opportunities.
BASF West Africa is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Customer Service Officer – Construction Chemicals
What you can expect
The Customer Service Officer (CSO) is required to take the full ownership and responsibility of all back-office OTC processes. In this role, duties will include:
- Customer Order Management- Effective Sales Order Management, order entry, compilation of pro-forma invoices, checking product availability Handling enquiries, keeping the customers updated with the progress of sales order by interfacing with the Production and Sales team
- Coordinate customer enquiries, directing the enquiry to the appropriate department and / or responsible person and ensure feedback is given to customer within required or agreed timeframe.
- Proactively support Credit Management team to ensure minimal dunning issues and effective credit limits on customer accounts
- Non-Conformance Management- Process customer returns and credit notes through the NCM or other applicable system
- Ensuring all required master data, eg customer masterdata is updated and maintained on SAP per BU processes
- Support to EB sales team with handling defined customer requests, eg stock availability, pro-forma invoices, data sheets, and Material Safety Data Sheets
- Handling of all customer sample requests, from receiving of the request, to recording and processing to delivery of the sample to the customer within the agreed timeframes.
- Reporting on relevant order management KPI’s to Country management team.
What we expect
- National diploma or Degree within relevant field OR equivalent qualification and 6 to 8 years’ experience with proven track record in the related field
- Proven track record of work experience in Sales or Logistics
- SAP experience and Microsoft Office computer skills are essential for this role.
- Self-motivated and result orientated
- Strong interpersonal and negotiating skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills with fluency in English is required.
Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and on-the-job training as part of a committed team. Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply