Beckley Consulting Limited – We are a company with a special focus on the provision of professional support services for Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs). We also provide and manage out-sourced labour, temporary or permanent, semi-skilled or skilled, for small and big organizations. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Supervision Received: General Manager
Supervision Exercised: Nil
- Ensure keeping of proper books of accounts for company’s transactions;
- Record, reconcile, control, and prepare periodical of financial reports and statements
- Implement all aspects of the company’s finance, administration, personnel and procurement policies, and procedures.
- Maintain proper and adequate books of accounts for all company transactions.
- Prepare a weekly and monthly summary of payments – cash and bank.
- Prepare monthly financial reports including receipts and payments accounts.
- Prepare quarterly management reports highlighting the financial position of the company.
- Design and implement internal control measures to safeguard the company’s assets including cash.
- Issue customer/client invoices and follow-up payments with the General Manager.
- Maintain the company’s stock accounts and coordinate periodical stocktaking exercises.
- Prepare staff payroll monthly and ensure compliance with statutory provisions including PAYE tax deductions.
- Provide necessary support to the MD in managing the company’s business.
- Maintain up-to-date records of cheque payments and bank transfers.
- Liaise with the Managing Director to carry out regular banking transactions.
- Keep an up-to-date register of the supplier, partner, and service provider invoices and payments.
- Timely payment of processed and approved invoices for Suppliers, Service Providers, etc.
- Any other duties assigned by management.
- Weekly Receipts and Payments Accounts
- Monthly Income Statement
- Quarterly management accounts
- Monthly updated debtors and creditors’ accounts
- Monthly Finance Report.
- Monthly Admin Report highlighting challenges that require management attention
- Constant liaison with the General Manager and MD to obtain relevant information.
- Collaboration with sales and operation teams to be current with company transactions.
- Internal control to safeguard the company’s assets including cash
- Use of simple accounting software to generate reports.
- The job involves a good understanding of Oil and Gas business, visits to several prospects, and the ability to nurture them into customers in a competitive market.
- Stocks management and logistic challenges associated with product transportation.
Qualifications & Experience:
- First Degree or its equivalent in Accounting
- Student membership in a professional accounting body will be an advantage
- 2 years of Accounting experience in an audit firm or industry
- Working knowledge of micro-soft office suite
- Ability to use basic accounting software.
- Basic knowledge of petroleum products retail business
- A strong commitment to professional excellence and integrity
- Ability to deliver timely reports despite obstacles and limited resources.
- Knowledge of white products retail market in Nigeria
- Highly organized, able to work independently,
- Analytical and willing to learn.
- Good oral and Written Communication
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Strong inter-personal relationship
- Entrepreneurial mind-set.
Salary: N100,000 – N120,000 Monthly Gross.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 24th September, 2021.