Benue State University, Makurdi, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Librarian
Location: Makurdi, Benue
- The University Librarian shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-today administration and control of the University Library.
- The University Librarian shall be responsible for the administration of the Library Services in the University and its Campuses, Colleges, Departments, Centres and Research Units.
Candidates must possess:
- Continuous productive research activity with the achievement of the status of an acknowledged authority in area of specialization;
- Dissemination of knowledge through academic and professional activities;
- Administrative ability and experience;
- Impeccable integrity and character.
- A minimum of twelve years cognate teaching/library experience at the University level, plus a Ph.D;
- A Minimum of three years as Deputy Librarian or equivalent in a University;
- Considerable background in research with a minimum of 30 points in high quality publications and a minimum of 15 publications in circulation and three acceptances.
- Should be principal author in at least 50% of joint publications and not more than 50% of publications should come from journals/publishing houses based in locality;
Conditions of Service
- Conditions of service are as applicable in Federal/State-owned Universities, save as the Governing Council of the University may modify from time to time.
CONUASS7 i.e. (N2,485,099.00 – N3,209,140.00) annually.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit 15 hard copies of their Applications along with their Curriculum Vitae outlining the following below:
- Full Name
- Date and Place of Birth
- State of Origin
- Local Government of Origin
- Marital Status
- Number of Children
- Permanent Home Address
- Correspondence Address
- Educational institutions attended with dates and qualifications obtained;
- Professional qualifications obtained with dates;
- Working Experience;
- Names and addresses of three referees, two of whom must be in position to give academic and professional reference reports on the applicant(s).
All applications should be submitted to:
Benue State University,
P.M.B. 102119, Makurdi,
Applicants are advised to contact their referees to send their reference reports under confidential cover direct to “The Registrar” via the address above.
Application Deadline: 6th June, 2019.