BGI Energy Services Limited is a diversified oil, gas and construction company taking on the world’s toughest challenges. From engineering and construction in the oil and gas sectors to project management and professional training services. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HSE Engineer
Description of Role
- The HSE Engineer acts as the focal point for designated Project HSE matters. He/she will provide a support function to project management, ensuring adequate HSE input and provide a mentoring role for less experienced HSE Advisors.
Generic Key Responsibilities & Activities
- Lead a positive HSE culture and behaviour in the company.
- Responsible for the efficient, timely, accurate and cost effective management and delivery of the function’s activities within the designated area of responsibility
- Assists project management team(s) in defining its HSE resource requirements
- Ensures Lessons Learned is performed in accordance with best practice, striving to mitigate risk, promoting safety and integrity consistently
- Identifies and co-ordinates HSE personnel deployed to worksite.
- Supports project leadership in implementing the management system
- Responsible for the co-ordination, preparation and delivery of the Project HSE Plan
- Supervises, co-ordinates and monitors HSE performance on projects
Requirements, Key Qualifications/Experience
- Mechanical/Chemical Engineering degree or equivalent with 4+ years’ experience in an oil and gas/process environment in an HSE role.
- Able to deal with multiple, often conflicting goals and priorities.
- Able to build and maintain strong relationships with leaders as well as team members.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Minimum of NEBOSH International General Certificate.
- NEBOSH International Diploma or its equivalent (Level 6 Occupational Health & Safety Diploma) will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of NEBOSH International General Certificate. Holders of NEBOSH International Diploma or its equivalent (Level 6 Occupational Health & Safety Diploma) will be an added advantage
- Equipment maintenance experience/skill is desired.
- Should have a proven track record of successfully managing and delivering key HSE projects on time, within scope with end-to-end accountability.
- Strategic thinker with a sense of good judgment.
Interested and qualified candidates should send and address their Application Letter and CV through the “HR Manager” via: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline: 13th September, 2019