BIC® products are known and appreciated all over the world for their quality, their affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, the one-piece shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® one of the best known international brands, present in 3.2 million retail outlets, in more than 160 countries. As we explore the tremendous opportunities ahead, we have a need for dedicated and dynamic employees to help build our team. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Manager
Location: Sagamu, Ogun
Job ID: 2974
Category: Global Supply & Deliver
- The primary location of the job is Sagamu where the main warehouse located. This is where at least, 70% of time, the successful candidate is expected to be spent.
Warehouse Operations Management:
- Manage end to end warehousing operations which includes all inbound and outbound activities of finished goods and POSM items
- Ensures daily stock movement from production physically and on ERP system
- Owns and manages all warehouse assets and equipment, drive asset utilization and maintenance
- Ensure regular communication with factory production team, customer service teams, finance teams on issues relating inventory management as it might impact on sales
- Work with S&D supply planner to plans stock movement within warehouses to meet daily sales need.
- Implement and drive compliance to FIFO/FEFO policy in the warehouse
- Ensure process in place to ensure product traceability is in place
- Adhere to all BIC and regulatory standard as related to storage, handling, and distribution of our goods
- Drive QHSE policy and compliance in the warehouse operations, ensuring reporting, training, and adherence to BIC safety standards always.
- Optimize warehouse spaces through adherence to product stacking configuration and arrangement within the warehouse
- Participate in yearly and every 3- years operating plan exercise with input on warehouse capacity forecast
KPI’s: GR within 24 hours, Safety incidence, warehouse handling damages, Lost Sales, Back orders, Returns rate (for domestic customers), MHE reliability and availability, Asset utilization, 100% FEFO compliance:
- Shares daily inventory report (inclusive of POSMs) showing the quantity, values, availability, covers, and risk with the commercial and manufacturing teams
- Leads cycle counting activities in the warehouses, including overseeing the activities of 3PL partner warehouses
- Drives up to date inventory accuracy by ensuring BIN CARDS are updated real time
- Implement stock control policy in line with BIC inventory control guideline and drive execution for stock accuracy
- Conduct and report cyclic counting result on regular basis
- Plan, lead, conduct, and report monthly, quarterly, and yearly stock counting exercises according to guidelines
- Provide root cause and GAP analysis for all inventory stock variances within 24 of discovery
- Follow up with all necessary stakeholders and approvals to regularize inventory as soon as possible
- Drive FIFO/FEFO compliance as applicable
- Monitors and cleans GIT always. Local GIT not to age above 24 hours. Import GIT not aging more than 3 months
- Flags SLOB and damages proactively to the business regularly, works with S&I planner to list and report as an ongoing basis
- Drive inventory actions plans to improve inventory accuracy and health
KPI’s: FEFO/FIFO compliance, GIT Aging, IRA%, OOS due to warehouse and Logistics:
- Provides all logistics needs of the function regarding freight out to customers and inter-warehouse transfers as well for Finished goods, POSM, Gifts and other related items in support of sales.
- Plans and shares daily truck allocations for customers’ orders dispatches using the customer service shipment plans
- Daily follow ups with 3PL partners for the provision of trucks to load and deliver customers’ orders
- Plans, review and aligns monthly and weekly truck need forecast and ensure truck provision meets forecast
- Monitors and review transport companies’ performance regularly with 3PL partners and Procurement
- Design load planning tools to manage the vehicle fill rates, hence, improve FRDC.
- Establish and regularly update distribution route mapping for efficient deliveries
- Reviews and recommends transporters and 3PL partners invoices for management action
- Implement continuous improvement initiatives/projects with the objective to streamline the process and drive efficiency.
KPI’s: 3PL invoice POT, Monthly phasing, Supply gap/Hit, Added value OOS:
- Managing a team of 10 people (2 FTE direct reports and owned truck drivers)
- Provide technical functional leadership to the local team to deliver superior customer service and optimize cost
- Define and maintain team structure, roles, and responsibilities. Analyze long term capacity of warehouse and logistics teams and plan accordingly.
- Responsible for engagement, development, and growth of the warehouse supervisors and FLT operators
- Manages reports performance and reward system. Develop SMART goals for the team and in line with bigger business goal.
- Manage the FRDC for the country: Freight and distribution cost
- Monitor and report on monthly basis the FRDS performance as well as the outlook
- Own the country program to continuously drive warehousing and logistics cost performance through improvement ideas
- Ensure quality input to the OP exercise on yearly basis
- Minimum Bachelors’ qualification in Engineering, Management Sciences or Supply Chain related courses. Professional Certificate in logistics and supply chain is Mandatory if background is in other areas.
- At least 4 years of experiences managing Warehouse and Logistics activities for FMCG with a sizeable fleet size.
- At least 1 year experience managing 3PL partners for warehousing and distribution.
- Data Savvy
- Collaborative skills
- Result oriented individual.
- Customer centric individual
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel and packages knowledge.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online