BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability, and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Location: Sagamu, Ogun
Job type: Full-time
Success measures of the Job:
- Performs preventive maintenance & makes repairs on equipment’s according to instructions such as replacing belts on motors, changing filters, bearings, etc
- Adhere to maintenance schedules
- Reduced machines downtime
- Decisions to stop machines
- Maintains and makes routine repairs to electrically powered equipment and appliances as per instruction from senior technicians, supervisor and/or equipment service manuals
- Report any abnormality detected to the maintenance supervisor
- When machine function is normal
- Assists in servicing and replacing major electrical and mechanical fixtures
- Working independently or with minimal supervision
- Faults identified and rectified
- Perform condition-based maintenance on equipment and report any abnormality to the maintenance supervisor
- Routine check on equipment and identification of abnormalities
- When all abnormalities are identified and corrected
- Perform main machine repairs, modifications, or improvement work such as hydraulic systems repair and periodic flashing, periodic repair and inspection of electric units, portable electrical equipment repair & inspection, repair of gear boxes, replacement of bearings etc
- Fix issue as they occur and perform periodic inspections
- Ensure proper use of PPE’s
- Adhere to procedures
- Ensure proper housekeeping in workplace
- Zero accidents
- Update all the relevant job card, logbooks, as required
- Generating the required documents on time
- Proper filings
- Timely reports
- Perform other duties as required by the position and/or department supervision
- Perform duty as instructed by the supervisor
- First Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Diploma in Engineering or Trade Test I, II, III
- Professional qualification in the related field is an added advantage
- Should have worked as technician for at least 4 years in a busy FMCG environment if a certificate holder or 3 years if a Diploma holder
- Two years’ experience as a technician in a busy FMCG environment for a B.Sc or Higher National Diploma holder
- Experience working in BIC Factory is an added advantage.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: Not Specified.
- BIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly commit to hiring people with different backgrounds and experiences to help us build better products, make better decisions, and better serve our customers.
- We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status, or similar characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
- BIC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity.
- Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any team member at BIC via email, or directly to a BIC team member in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of BIC, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BIC as a result of the referral or through other means.