Bolt (formally Taxify) is one of the fastest growing startups in the world with over 30M happy customers in 30+ countries, from Europe to Mexico to Africa. We’re building a ride-hailing app to connect millions of riders and drivers around the world to make travel easier, quicker and more reliable. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Country Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- We are looking for a Country Manager in Nigeria to lead our Ridehailing business.
- You will be responsible for leading the market, developing and nurturing critical relationships that will grow our business, strengthen our position and build drivers & riders growth, engagement and retention while managing a high-performing team.
- This strategic role will be the interface between our business and the key city/country stakeholders (i.e. regulators, government officials, local communities etc).
- You will be working closely with the local operations team, Regional manager, HQ teams (ie Growth Analytics, Expansion, Global Operations, Marketing, Product, Regulatory, CS).
- This is a critical, impactful and highly rewarding role: Nigeria is an exciting market that is equipped for Bolt to make urban travel more affordable, convenient, and responsible.
Your daily adventures will include:
- Advocating and elevating Bolt’s brand, product and service by working closely with local authorities and policy makers
- Navigate through regulatory matters and local policies within the transportation and tech industry
- Expand Bolt’s presence and services across the country
- Define, implement and optimise local business and operational strategies/goals with local operations team
- Establish strategic partnerships with local fleet owners and other relevant businesses/entities
- Identify trends, risks and improvement opportunities on a local level that may impact the business
- Advise and closely collaborate with HQ teams such as Product, Legal or Marketing to develop and execute key initiatives that drives growth and efficiency
- Take ownership of Bolt’s growth in South Africa by ensuring both local operations and HQ teams support and collaborate actively with each other to meet business goals
We are looking for:
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Finance or other analytical subject
- You have 7+ years of experience in an operations management or general management role
- You are a strong leader and collaborator with excellent negotiation and communication skills (both verbal and written) in English
- You are a hustler, not stopping after several obstacles a day
- You are highly analytical and have a data-driven mindset with excellent Excel skills
- You are passionate about new technologies and ridesharing
- You have a strong sense of ownership with a hands-on approach
- You are comfortable with developing business frameworks to support your strategies and decisions
You will get extra credits for:
- Experience in sharing economy, tech business, transport industry, startup or dynamic high-growth company
- Experience in product launches or running a business
Why you’ll love it here:
- Your daily duties will have a meaningful impact on millions of people all over the world.
- You’ll be surrounded by the most friendly, supportive colleagues you can imagine.
- As we grow, so will you! Bolt’s fast-paced, challenging environment offers you great opportunities for professional development.
- You’ll always be kept informed. Our bi-weekly All Hands meetings bring our global teams together, ensuring we’re all up to speed and moving forward as one.
- Switching off is important! At Bolt, we like to work hard and play hard. Enjoy our fun team events, office snacks, free merch and more!
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: Not Specified.