BrandCo’s core focus is to identify high-street brands that appeal to the urban African consumer and offer these through world-class retail experiences. We take time to understand a brand’s offering and how it can be tailored to consumer’s shopping habits and preferences in our target markets. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Inventory Accountant
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment type: Full Time
About The Role:
- The Inventory Accountant will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of inventory across all sales outlets and warehouse.
- Also, monitor and ensure warehouse and sales outlets inventory transfers are accurately captured and recorded and ensure inventory counts are properly carried out and reconciled.
- Carry out stock-taking exercise/inventory count and spot checks.
- Verify inventory count for new orders received at the warehouse and sales outlets.
- Weekly inventory reconciliation of the stores & warehouses counts against the expected count on sage ERP/ vend system.
- Responsible for the month-end reports as it pertains to inventory reconciliation and issuing of orders as well as receipts of orders.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate inventories on VEND/ Sage ERP compared to warehouses & stores physical inventories.
- Prepare daily, weekly and/or monthly inventory analysis reports and analyze inventory variance.
- Monitor in transit Stock Transfer Orders (STO’s) between warehouses and sales outlets and between sales outlets.
- Verify receipts including STO’s and Third-party purchase (B2B customers).
- Assist in the improvement of internal controls related to inventory.
- Monitor and ensure the accuracy of inventory transferred between sales outlet and between warehouse and sales outlets on the vend and Sage ERP.
- Confirm and complete inventory received by all sales outlets and warehouses on the system after new shipments are received and inventory transfers between sales outlet and between warehouse and sales outlets.
- Monitor inventory movement to ensure compliance with the company’s policy.
- Reconcile sales/inventory level to ensure sales quantity posted on Sage ERP are the same as sales carried out at the store.
- Analyse and resolve all failed goods issue and goods receipt transactions.
- Provide support to Warehouse Manager and Supervisors as regards challenging issues encountered at the warehouse.
- Monitor and account for defective items with credit note received from the supplier.
- Bachelor’s degree / HND in Accounting, Economics or any related field.
- Relevant professional certifications e.g., ICAN or any other related certification is an advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years related experience in a structured business environment.
- Working knowledge and experience of financial applications and ERP software e.g Sage, Odoo, and PowerBI.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to pay attention to minute details
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.
Application Deadline: 17th June, 2021.