Breakthrough ACTION ignites collective action and encourages people to adopt healthier behavior – from using modern contraceptive methods and sleeping under bed nets to being tested for HIV and preventing the spread of zoonotic diseases – by forging, testing, and scaling up new and hybrid approaches to social and behavior change. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Human Resources Officer
Employment Type: Full Time
- The Senior HR Officer will be responsible for all Human Resources and (Local) Independent Consultancy Management tasks in line with USAID rules and regulations as well as Johns Hopkins University rules and regulations.
- This position will be responsible for working closely with all technical, finance and admin teams as well as serve as a liaison between the Abuja office, state offices and Project HQ.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
In addition to the overall technical inputs to the project described above, specific duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties will be assigned:
- Coordinate all hiring details for new staff from drafting the SOW to organizing interviews to submitting the paperwork to HQ (Baltimore) to liaising with successful candidates.
- Ensure proper onboarding of new project staff including orientation to office processes and procedures, personnel manual and any other questions.
- Advise the management team on decisions and processes (including manpower planning, career development, staff safety etc.) with regards to HR.
- Carry out ‘HR Business Partnering’ for the Nigeria Project office i.e. oversee salary/fee negotiations for new hires and independent consultants with a view to ensuring ‘value for money’.
- Review staff manual and other operational documents from time to time to ensure a more efficient work process.
- Oversee all local independent consultancy services from start to finish (advertisement, selection, contract preparation, invoice processing etc.).
- Support other JHU-CPP projects with expert advice on different HR services.
- Be constantly aware of current HR trends within and outside the industry for effective decision making.
- Suggest advertising sources – recommend placement of job advertisements in various media per needs.
- Manage the Compensation and Benefits Systems and Strategies (gather benchmark data on job role, salaries and benefits for managerial decision making, establish pay grade and pay scales (including developing salary ranges for new vacancies within the organization).
- Manage and resolve all employee relations issues including conflicts, grievances etc.
- Oversee the national staff separation process including exit interviews, separation letters, exit clearance and final benefit processing with finance.
- Interpret, review and provide guidance/advice to employees on HR processes, procedures and policies.
- Coordinate the implementation of staff development plans and management of annual performance review (APRs).
- Track and generate relevant HR data and metrics to access organizational effectiveness.
- Ensure all HR Audit topics are covered and conclude all HR Audit findings
- Other duties as identified by supervisor.
- The Senior HR Officer supervises the HR Officer(s), HR Assistant(s), HR Consultant(s) etc.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR or a closely related subject is required,
- Master’s degree in Human Resources Management or a closely related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of HR specific experience managing donor-funded projects (especially USAID) in Nigeria is essential for this role.
- Extensive knowledge of Nigerian Labour Law is compulsory for this role.
- Membership of a relevant HR body/institute such as the CIPMN, CIPD, SHRM plus relevant certifications from the institutes is a plus.
- Experience working in a multi-cultural and fast-paced environment is essential to be successful in the role.
- Hands-on experience working with HR ERP or HR Software is compulsory for this position.
- Must be fluent in English.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
7th September, 2022.