Breakthrough Action-Nigeria is a new five-year, USAID-funded project. The goal of Breakthrough ACTION/Nigeria is to increase the practice of 17 priority individual and household level behaviors and five provider targeted behaviors in the areas of malaria; maternal, newborn, child health and nutrition; family planning and reproductive health (RH); and tuberculosis, while increasing the capacity of national and sub-national entities to coordinate and oversee quality SBC programming. Implementation will vary by health area across eleven states.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Provider Behavior Change Consultant
Locations: Kebbi, Akwa Ibom and Benue
- Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria is seeking Consultants based in Kebbi, Akwa Ibom and Benue who can work closely with the larger BA-N team in implementing provider-focused SBC interventions.
Each consultant will be expected to:
- Coordinate and collaborate closely with service delivery partners, government partners, and provider associations in the state to drive and support SBC activities for providers in the specific health area implemented in the state
- Represent BA at relevant coordination meetings organized by the State Ministry of Health or partners
- With the support of the Senior Technical Advisor for Provider Behaviour Change, drive the implementation of provider behaviour change activities in the state
- Support providers via supportive supervision, mentoring and coaching. Identify issues affecting providers’ motivation, opportunity and ability to practice the above behaviours and develop tailored support plans.
- Link provider activities with other community or media SBC activities ongoing with the state. Support other SBC activities intended to strengthen the relationships between facilities and communities.
- Support collection and management of data on outcomes and impacts of provider-targeted SBC interventions. Submit monthly activity reports
- Provide technical guidance and identify unique opportunities and major events that can be leveraged for promoting provider behaviour SBC activities in each state.
- Participate in initiatives that apply human-centred design, behavioural economics and other methods for deepening stakeholder involvement, questioning assumptions, generating new insights, and testing new approaches.
- Develop activity budgets and travel plans and work closely with Abuja and field staff to ensure sound stewardship of project funds, security of staff, and compliance with donor (USAID) regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Technical Advisor, Provider Behaviour Change and the Chief of Party, BA Nigeria Project.
- Provide report of meetings with the various stakeholders
- Provide weekly status updates on planned activities every Friday.
- Provide data collected on outcomes and impact of SBC activities
- Submission of monthly activity report on or before the 5th of the month following the reported month.
- Submission of quarterly report on or before the 10th of the month following the reported quarter.
- Submission of annual report on or before the end of the month following the reported year.
- Degree in Medicine (MBBS, MBChB)
- Advanced University Degree in Public Health and experience in any of the health area programme management highly desirable.
- Minimum of three years of work experience in public health programme development and implementation, particularly in developing country
- Experience with SBC, especially programs with providers as target audiences highly desirable
- Fluency in written and spoken English required.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a high demand work environment
- Proven teamwork and facilitation skills
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a rapidly evolving environment
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc)
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letters (including the below) and CV’s as one PDF document to: [email protected] The subject line of your email should include the Consultancy Title and the Consultant’s Preferred Location e.g. “Provider Behavior Change Consultant – Benue”.
Please follow all the instructions Exactly. Any submissions that do not follow the instructions Exactly will be discarded without review:
- Your cover letter should include the following:
- Address the education/experience requirement specified for the position with specific examples where necessary
- CV and cover letter PDF file name must be your first and last name in CAPS (e.g.: USMAN SEGUN).
- Do not include any additional certificates or documentation.
Job Title: Transcription Consultant
Reporting: BA-Nigeria Monitoring Evaluation Advisor
- We are looking for two(2) qualified consultants to transcribe recorded interviews from Hausa to English and English to English.
- The consultancy period will be for five (5) working days.
Scope of Work
- The consultants’ will be required to transcribe recorded interviews from Hausa to English and English to English.
Period of Consultancy:
- Five (5) working days from July 9 to 13 ,2018
The final deliverables of the consultants will be:
- Full recorded transcription word document ready for use.
- A degree in Social Sciences, Art, Communication or other related fields
- Previous experience in transcribing recorded materials with health messages into Hausa and English (evidence will be requested)
- Excellent technical writing skills in English and Hausa
- Ability to work with Microsoft Word
The Consultant will be paid competitive fees for the period of consultancy based on the current rate for consultants, qualifications and experience.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: [email protected] Subject line must read “Application for Transcription Consultancy”
Application Deadline 6th July, 2018.