Breakthrough ACTION-Nigeria is a five-year (2017-2022), USAID-funded project. The goal of Breakthrough ACTION-Nigeria is to increase the practice of 17 priority individual and household level behaviors and five provider targeted behaviors in the areas of malaria; maternal, newborn, child health and nutrition; family planning and reproductive health (RH); and tuberculosis, while increasing the capacity of national and sub-national entities to coordinate and oversee quality SBC programming. Implementation will vary by health area across eleven states. We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Demand Creation Consultant
Timeframe: An estimated Forty (40) days between 10th November, 2019 to 20th December, 2019
- BA-N will lead the demand creation activities for Plateau State (Nigeria) LLIN replacement campaigns.
- To achieve this BA-N is looking for qualified consultants to provide SBCC technical consultancy and lead the demand creation work stream in the LLIN replacement campaign.
- The consultancy period will be for up to a maximum of 40 billable days within the 10th November 2019 to 20th December 2019.
Scope of Work
The consultant will specifically undertake the following tasks:
- Take the lead in the coordination of the Demand Creation workstream in designated state, and monitor LLIN campaign demand creation activities in the State and LGAs.
- Work with BA-N media technical lead to coordinate media-related activities including media parley, live phone-in radio and TV discussions and other media activities. Monitor airing of pre, during and post campaign radio jingles.
- Support the State health educator and LGA health educators to distribute messages in all religious places of worship.
- Support identification of influencers and stakeholders for involvement in demand creation activities (e.g. State net ambassador, net advocates and champions).
- Provide weekly updates to BA-N on all demand creation activities during the replacement campaign.
- Support the end process survey training and make technical input in the demand creation section as appropriate
- Represent BA-N in all NCIT meetings as well as other meetings during the campaign
- Work with the State Health Educator and SMEP ACSM focal person to develop and implement LLIN campaign advocacy plan, also support health educators to develop LGA specific advocacy plans and monitor implementation
- Facilitate State level training including production of training materials and documentation of DC work stream personnel trained. Also coordinate LGA and ward level training and proper documentation of personnel trained.
- Support State and LGA flag off ceremonies from planning to implementation.
- Support BA-N finance and admin unit to ensure proper documentation and payment of demand creation personnel before the campaign is concluded.
- Support the design of post implementation demand creation strategies to improve net use in LGAs with low utilization.
- Document success stories, best practices, lessons learned and submit same to BA-N
- Document the campaign final reports and submit same to BA-N.
- BA-N Deputy Director Malaria/TB, Malaria SPOs and LLIN campaign media lead will provide technical guidance and support during the consultancy.
- Capacity-building for ACSM core group members
- Complete information on trained personnel i.e. signed training attendance registers, and payment schedules with correct bank details.
- Weekly updates
- Photos and success stories
- Final LLIN campaign narrative and technical reports.
- All reports and updates shall be in the English language and shall be submitted to the Deputy Director Malaria/TB, in MS Word and other MS Office-compatible formats.
- A degree in Social Sciences, Communication or related field.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in health programs, preferably in Advocacy Communication & Social Mobilization.
- Proven experience in implementing public health programs or projects in Nigeria.
- Good knowledge of the Nigerian public health sector.
- Strong analytical, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent technical writing and oral presentation skills highly desired.
- A proven ability to work as part of a team and to be self-managing.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with demand creation activities in previous LLIN campaigns.
- Fluency in local language is an added advantage.
- Ability and willingness to travel to different LGAs of designated State.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter, CV and copies of their Credentials to: [email protected]
Application Deadline: 1st November, 2019
- Indicate title of the consultancy service and the location in the Title/Subject of your email application for the position. E.g. Demand Creation Consultant – Plateau State
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview.
- Application letter and CV should be in a Word or PDF format; credentials should be scanned in PDF format.
- Candidates that do not comply with application instruction will be disqualified.