Brent metamorphosed from Skyfield Savings and Loans Limited that started operation in 2002 with N200million Capital base, which was increased to N1billion in 2007. In April 2010 new management and reconstituted board took over the organization. Structure and Strategy to engender growth and good corporate governance were emplaced. The new management moved the organization aggressively and cautiously from a State of low adjusted capital, poor staff morale, and waned customers’ confidence to an enviable level for recapitalization in two years. Having rekindled the interest of all the stakeholders in the organization and the mortgage sector, the board and management embarked on private placement exercises to increase the adjusted Share Capital to N2.5billion in order to meet the minimum capital requirement of Central Bank of Nigeria for a State Primary Mortgage Bank License.
In a grim determination to take Mortgage banking in Nigeria to a lofty and remarkable level, the board and management opted for a new corporate Identity as a step towards rebranding the organization, hence the new name Brent Mortgage Bank Limited, effective 1st April, 2014. This new name has been approved by Central Bank of Nigeria and necessary changes effected at the Corporate Affairs Commission. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Finance & Treasury
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Job Description & Responsibilities:
- To provide an accurate and timely financial service including setting and monitoring of budgets, forecasts, cash flow analysis, management, and financial accounts, and advice and support to inform decision-making at all levels.
- To be responsible for all statutory reporting, compliance, annual accounts, and VAT.
- Knowledgeable of tax-related issues.
- To manage the Annual audit process in conjunction with the appointed auditors to ensure statutory accounts are produced within the required deadline.
- To ensure that budgets and management accounts accurately reflect the business activity that accruals and other adjustments are being made correctly that variances from the budget and other issues are investigated and resolved.
- To be responsible and report on the overall business risk assessment and management process of the Organization, ensuring with the CEO that the Board of Trustees adequately accesses and documents risks faced by the bank in line with the requirements of the regulatory bodies.
- To implement and assist in the development, review, and maintenance of financial policies and strategies.
- Efficiently monitor and manage the bank’s relationships and liquidity management.
- Manage foreign currency payments
- Forecasting of medium and long-term funding
- Daily cash management
- Debt facilities management
- Interest rate risk management and development of risk mitigation strategies
- Team management
- Preparing management & Board reports
- Supporting the monthly processes.
Requirements, Skills & Attributes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fnance, Accounting or a related field.
- Minimum of 10 years experience
- Certification from relevant bodies is mandatory i.e. ICAN, ACCA, CIMA, and registered members of CIBN
- 5 years post qualification experience
- Proven experience at Financial Institutions as a head of finance & treasury
- Solid understanding of financial management and accounting.
- Knowledge of banking relationships and conversion
- Ability to work autonomously and be part of a broader team
- Appropriate handling of sensitive information
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong client relationship management and customer service skills
- Team player with the ability to communicate and coordinate with multiple parties
- Strong analytical and decision-making abilities.
- Effective leadership qualities.
Intrested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.