Bridge International Academies is the world’s largest and fastest-growing chain of primary and pre-primary schools with more than 400 academies and 120,000 pupils in Kenya and Uganda. We democratize the right to succeed by giving families living in poverty access to the high-quality education that will allow their children to live a very different life. We leverage experts, data, and technology in order to standardize and scale every aspect of quality education delivery, from how and where academies are built to how teachers are selected and trained, and how lessons are delivered and monitored for improvement. We are vertically-integrated, tech-enabled, and on our way to profitability. Bridge expects to continue rapid expansion in East Africa, Nigeria and India all through 2016.
Job Title: Quality Assurance Manager
- Manage a field team of over 20 Quality Assurance Associates
- Create extensive audits – primarily in Survey-to-Go software, to be used by Quality Assurance team.
- Oversee the Quality Assurance Associates to ensure all duties as assigned are carried out.
- Manage the Quality Assurance Associates route maps and budgets.
- Validate the work of Quality Assurance team on a regular basis. This requires constant field travel.
- Ensure all the issues reported to HQ by the Quality Assurance Associates are accurate.
- University degree in Business Administration or Management
- Minimum of two years of professional work experience preferably working in the field or managing field teams
- 2-3 years in Supervisory and management roles
Competencies and Skills
- Solid geographic knowledge of Nigeria necessary
- Strong project management experience preferred
- Willing to travel in all weather
- Experience managing and working with remote employees and in collecting large amounts of data and applications in a systematic and organized fashion
- Solid problem-solving capability; must be pro-active in solving both major and minor issues that arise
- Must be highly organized, detail-oriented and able to manage multiple tasks within tight deadlines
- Has a positive can-do attitude; is able and willing to take on any challenge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office, Internet.
- Has experience in creating surveys using any of the available tools
Job Title: Associate, Quality Assurance
- To make daily visits to academies (as assigned by HQ)
- Perform audits via the smartphone, and report the information back to HQ.
- Audit Associates will travel every single day to academies and is expected to spend a fair amount of time on the road.
- To work together with HQ to ensure that the academy management and monitoring systems and tools are well implemented and maintained as per Bridge standards at individual academies both by Academy Managers and by teachers.
- Identifying both positive and negative issues as related to Bridge company policies, and providing valuable insights into critical business issues.
- Ensure academies are compliant with procedural requirements through processes of quality control and audit checklists of academy operations and management tools, materials and processes
- Expected to work Monday-Saturday and in some cases Sunday.
- The new Quality Assurance Associates will join an existing highly-trained quality monitoring team focusing on systematic academy-level monitoring.
- The right hire for this position is driven, competitive, and always strives to win. This person has a strict code of integrity. We are looking for an energetic and motivated individual willing to contribute his or her skills to the team to make the Quality Assurance team even more successful.
- Comfortable conducting audits. (willing to indicate when something is not being done correctly)
- Willingness to travel every day.
- Highly organized, Flexible and detail oriented.
- Able to “stand his/her ground” and not be convinced by any AMs , teachers or anyone to change the audit information
- Mature and independent – supervision will largely be done from HQ while you operate in the field
- Intelligent and aware of Bridge tools and policies (we will continue to train on these)
- Adept at using the smartphone and email programs.
- Aptitude for learning new IT systems/applications
- Good at multi-tasking
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
What You Should Have
A-Level certificate. High Diploma or University graduate is an added advantage.