Bridge International Academies is the world’s largest and fastest-growing chain of primary and pre-primary schools with more than 400 academies and 120,000 pupils in Kenya and Uganda. We democratize the right to succeed by giving families living in poverty access to the high-quality education that will allow their children to live a very different life.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Curriculum Manager
Location: Yaba, Lagos
About The Role
- As a Curriculum Manager you will be responsible for supporting a Curriculum Director in researching national standards and exams, creating teacher guides, quizzes, tests and midterm/end term exams.
- You will also be responsible for co-managing the team of curriculum writers who will support you in producing the curriculum.
What You Will Do
- Writing new content for textbooks, writing objective-driven lessons, and creating aligned and rigorous assessments for our Nigerian pupils
- Combing through our current textbooks and lessons to identify areas that won’t make sense to Nigerian pupils
- Testing samples of our curriculum in our current Bridge academies – likely once per week
- Our training and model will help you develop your curriculum-writing skills across content areas. In exchange, we ask for flexibility and open-mindedness. i.e. You could develop curriculum in English, Yoruba, maths, science, social studies and/or other Nigerian specific subjects depending on your skills, performance, and experience
What You Should Have
- A commitment to expanding educational quality and access in Nigeria and a belief in the effectiveness of scripted curriculum
- 5-7 years’ experience working in primary education in Nigeria (2 years teaching required)
- Required professional working fluency in English
- Excellent communication skills – this position will involve daily remote collaboration with our Boston office
- Flexibility, ability to process and respond to new information quickly, and excellent attention to detail
- Hard-working and collaborative, with the tenacity to plow through challenges and an appreciation for teamwork toward achieving a shared vision.
- You have high energy, enthusiasm, and a willingness to do whatever necessary to get the job done.
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a startup or social enterprise.
- A life-long learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any enterprise from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in often challenging, low-resource communities and runs on fees averaging just $6 a month per pupil. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand. Every dollar you spend is a dollar our customers, who live on less than $2 a day, will have to pay for.
- A customer advocate – Our customers – these families living on less than $2 a day per person – never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). Every decision you make considers their customer benefit, experience, and value.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply