Bridge International Academies is the world’s largest and fastest-growing chain of primary and pre-primary schools with more than 400 academies and 120,000 pupils in Kenya and Uganda. We democratize the right to succeed by giving families living in poverty access to the high-quality education that will allow their children to live a very different life.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Accountant
Location: Yaba, Lagos
About the Role
- We are seeking a Chief Accountant who will be a critical member of our Finance team. This is a management position reporting directly to Finance Director; you will be expected to manage daily financial operations, supervise staff, build systems for solid business controls, and lead cash management and budgeting processes.
What You Will Do:
- Budgeting and cost management
- Lead the development, implementation and improvement of accounting and financial systems through design of tools, procedures and manuals that ensure ability of the finance function to cope with scale as the business expands
- Managing the financial aspects of Bridge’s relationship in Nigeria with DFID
- ERP system financial management and implementation
- Day to day management of ERP accounts and ledger activities
- Company financial reporting and financial analysis
- Supervision of Treasury operations
- Internal audits and external audit preparation
What You Should Have:
- Degree in Finance and professional accounting qualifications (CPA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Tech savvy; familiar with Microsoft Office and ERP (specifically Dynamics NAV)
- Experience managing a team
- Worked with sponsors such as USAID, DFID or similar organization
- At least seven years’ experience working in Finance
- Detail-oriented and data-driven approach to role
- Available at all hours to attend to work matters
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a startup or social enterprise.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any enterprise from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in often challenging, low-resource communities and runs on fees averaging just $6 a month per pupil. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand. Every dollar you spend is a dollar our customers, who live on less than $2 a day, will have to pay for.
- A customer advocate – Our customers – these families living on less than $2 a day per person – never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). Every decision you make considers their customer benefit, experience, and value.
- A life-long learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
- The vision of the department is to always be a valued business support providing high quality and timely financial services.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply