British American Tobacco Nigeria, a fully owned subsidiary of the British American Tobacco Group is a leading producer of tobacco products in Nigeria.
BAT Nigeria is recruiting to fill the position of
Job Title: Leaf Instructor
Reference Number: MA/NIG/NGN/LI/23-01-12
Location: Iseyin, Oyo State
Reports to: Crop Manager
Requisition Number: 1
- Ensure target crop volume is purchased.
- Ensure target average yield per hectare is achieved.
- Ensure agreed best practices are fully implemented.
- Ensure crop production target allocated to farmers are utilitized to optimum productivity.
- Ensure an hitch free Organisation & distribution of crop input with up to date records.
- Ensure the required number of farmers are recruited.
- Ensure Farmers are well organised to deliver target crop volume.
- Ensure Farmers’ loans are kept within Category limits.
- Ensure Full recovery of applicable farmers’ loans.
- Maintain a good relationship with peers and farmers resulting in enhanced productivity.
- Maintain a good relationship with other stakeholders in the community for sustained tobacco production.
- Be Open to and accept new ways of doing things.
- Ensure full implementation of alternative to wood fuel experiment and other initiatives.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Possess at least a minimum of OND/NCE in Agriculture.
- Should be mature and physically agile.
- Ability to observe, and diagnose agronomic problems on the crop and proffer workable solution to obtain optimal productivity.
- Ability to recruit, supervise and control farmers for the achievement of production targets.
- Ability to monitor tobacco quality, grading, baling and presentation at buying in accordance with agreed grade specification.
- Ability to render accurate production estimates useable for effective management control of operations and planning.
- Ability to monitor loans disbursement to and recovery from farmers for sustained production.
- Ability to effectively understand, implement and “cascade” technical information and new concepts to farmers.
- Past experience in tobacco production will be an added advantage.
31st January, 2012
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online