British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Security Officer
Job Number: 16319
Function: Legal & External Affairs
Appointment Type: Permanent
- British American Tobacco is looking for a Chief Security Officer in Nigeria, to provide a World Class Professional Security Service aimed at creating a secure environment for the day to day business operations of British American Tobacco Nigeria.
- Support in the implementation of Business Continuity Management process to ensure timely preparation, response and recovery of business operations in the event of any significant disruptions.
- Conduct reconnaissance and security risk assessment of hotels, residencies and guest houses intended for use by the company in Lagos.
- Collate and review information with fact-based situation analysis report for the Security Leadership Team for Lagos.
- Have a good understanding of the drivers of potential threats relevant to your geography thereby helping to understand the threat level of your coverage area.
- Implement all standard operating procedures through the service providers within your area control so they can remain effective, efficient and focused, delivering first class services, using regular quality control checks.
- Support and participate in internal capacity building training workshops for vendors as may be assigned by Security Leadership Team.
- Support and share inputs on SRM (Security Risk Management) program for Nigeria and WAM area in collaboration with other Security Managers.
- To assess and evaluate threats to personnel, assess, information and business operations in Lagos.
- Monitor activities along the Lagos/Ibadan expressway, advising both Lagos and Ibadan security control room personnel accordingly.
- Collates RAAC (Regional Area Audit Committee) reports for WAM markets.
- Provide direction and support to drive BAT best practices amongst the security personnel within area of coverage.
- Share knowledge and skills by contributing to functional policy, strategy and direction.
- Demonstrates empathy, emotional intelligence and self-awareness.
- Good knowledge in understanding potential threats to BAT business in Lagos.
- Clear and compelling written and verbal communication skills including ability to write reports.
- Understand and analyze developing situations, drawing probable conclusions and making recommendations to sustain business while mitigating risks.
- Ability to multi task.
- Ability to have sound and clear understanding of security related issues to enable a balance recommendation.
- The role will require on-call availability outside the working hours and could involve short notice travel requirements.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply