The AKTP (Africa Knowledge Transfer Partnerships) are partnerships between private sector organisations and higher education institutions in Sub Saharan Africa and the UK. They leverage research, scientific knowledge and skills through innovation. AKTP is a British Council programme
To achieve this, British Council engages with various stakeholders ranging from government, donors, universities, research institutions and other private sector clients to support the transfer of knowledge to the companies.
- You will play a key role in managing and implementing strategic development and transferring knowledge between the business and the university. You will be responsible for the delivery of all project work:
- To work within a company to deliver the programme, meeting all corporate project management standards.
To ensure progressive reporting at all times to all programme stake holders.
- To effectively monitor and evaluate all project activity.
The ideal candidate:
- A BSc. In Microbiology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or Applied Biology.
- Experience of practical work in any of the above mentioned disciplines or in a food industry will be an added advantage.
- Practical project management experience is not essential but would be an added advantage.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High Level of numeracy.
- Focus on quality, precision, and punctual delivery of results.
- Excellent reporting skills.
- Very good working knowledge of computers.
- This post is based in Kano.
- Project duration is 2 years.
To apply for this post, you will need to read through the AKTP Associate Specification for applicants, and complete the application form. Completed application forms should be submitted by email to yaka[email protected] latest by 19 August 2009. Please note, no CV applications will be processed, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Click here for more details on how to apply