Posted on :
30 Jan, 2010
30 Jan, 2010
British Council is recruiting for the following available position in Lagos
Nigeria – Communications Team Leader
– To contribute to the achievement of British Council objectives through the leadership of an integrated marketing and communications strategy with full exploitation of multiple channels and new technologies.
– To contribute to the development of British Council in Nigeria as an innovative and high performing operation. To model the values and principles of an integrated operation and contribute to regional developments.
Duties/ Competencies Required
– Communications Delivery and Management
– Delivery and implementation of the agreed communication strategy for BC Nigeria through relationship management with the media in Nigeria and in the UK
– Raise profile of activity internally and foster environment for positive internal communication and engagement
– Manages compliance with British Council Brand to ensure unified,high profile corporate identity
– Support Business Partnership and Programmes Directorates in Income Generation and Partnership Building
– Communications Support to all Nigeria projects
– Leads market research to customise and position products and services correctly in the Nigerian market across the British Council offer
– Financial Planning and Management
– Line Management and Professional Development
How to apply
To apply for this post, you will need to download and read throught the Communications Team Leader job description(Download Here), download and send back the completed APPLICATION FORM by e-mail to
The deadline for receiving applications is Friday 09 February 2010 at 10am. Please note, we will not be able to consider applications received after this deadline.
Only applicants shortlisted for interview will be contacted. Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered. We are unable to process applications that do not conform to the required format, and we will not accept curricula vitae.Candidates with special needs should please ask us for this information in alternative formats.