The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Test Day Delivery Coordinator
Pay band: 4
Contract type: Indefinite
- The purpose of this role is to ensure effective and efficient delivery of Exams within a specified location.
- To manage Venue Supervisor engagement, relationship and performance. To co-ordinate and manage any risk or issue resolution, including co-ordination of customer (candidate) communication directly or through customer services. To be point of contact for Venues/Venue Supervisors on the day.
- This role will be required to work test days which will involve weekend work as part of the contracted hours.
- To work closely with Operations staff colleagues to ensure exam registration and paper delivery are in place for test day and oversight on post-test activities.
Main Opportunities and Challenges for this Role:
- There is a new Global Operating Model for Exams being implemented across the business and this role will be key to ensuring delivery of our exams operations at test centre level, working with new systems and processes and ensuring that new ways of working are taken up and adhered to.
- Acting in unforeseen situations to solve problems to ensure Test Day is successfully executed.
- The post-holder will undertake the related planning and delivery functions in preparation for Test Days in line with BC process
- Receives instructions and requests from cluster operations, 5 days before (or as specified) Test Day itself and plans and organises given resources accordingly (often at short notice) to ensure that work is carried out efficiently and effectively
- You will Receive and respond to enquiries from/to customers (candidates) in relation to test day incident reporting and may be a specific point of reference on queries relating to an area of nominated expertise or responsibility. Attention to detail is important as you will be responsible to identify where more complex issues require resolution by others and refers them on accordingly
- Recognises and understands the impact of incidents arising (e.g. complaints, resourcing problems, logistical or technical difficulties) and proactively alerts the team leader to any issues of concern that are likely to impact service/project/task delivery or customer experience.
- The appointed candidate will support continuous improvement in the efficiency/cost effectiveness/quality of service delivery/systems in the unit or department
- And proactively work with Operations Managers to deliver satisfactory and timely resolution of customer (internal or external) complaints, coordinating input from other team members as required. Ensures the customer is kept informed throughout the process. (Complaints focused on test day incidents).
- You will undertake contingency and risk management on the ground, liaise with Customer Service, Examiner or Venue Staff to ensure alignment on communications; and also lead in providing support related to compliance or investigations on Test Day and related issues.
- You will follow agreed corporate risk management processes and procedures when delivering services (e.g. child protection, security policies, financial protocols, anti-fraud measures) to protect the interests of the BC and its customers at all times.
- Use standard procedures and templates, regularly records, analyses and reports on operational activity such as venue staff performance to support senior managers in making timely and effective business decisions that respond to operational needs.
- Lead wash-up meetings to review Test Day performance delivery, continual improvement and corrective actions.
Role Specific Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience working in a busy operational environment delivering high levels of customer service.
- Ability to ensure compliance, risk and security standards are monitored and maintained.
The successful candidate will need to possess the following requirements:
- University Degree in any subject.
- Shortlisted candidates will need to demonstrate that they meet the required standard through the APTIS test which will be administered as part of the recruitment and selection exercise.
- Experience working in Exams
- Experience of supporting on delivery of computer-based exams
- Alternative locations the role could be based: Lagos, Nigeria.
- Role holder must have existing rights to live and work in the country the role is based.
Salary: N5,431,443 per annum.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 6th June, 2021.
Note: A connected and trusted UK in a more connected and trusted world.