The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: State Office Admin and Resource Assistant
Location: Kano, Nigeria
Pay band: 4
Contract type: Fixed Term- up till 31 July 2022
- To oversee the resources function in the EU state Programme offices in line with the programme strategy, implementation plan and financial plan and to client and corporate standards.
- The post-holder be Accountable for ensuring that the state office resources/administrative functions support the operations of the state for the EU programmes.
- Handle arrangements for all incoming visitors to the state office including transport and accommodation arrangements
- Assist with the running of the logistical arrangements for all workshops, events and meetings
- All workshop logistical arrangements are in line with agreed standards.
- Procurement of workshop items are in line with procurement policy.
- Maintain appropriate filing system, accountable stationary register and asset register (in liaison with the Facilities & Procurement Manager) so that all contracts, reports and correspondence are filed properly and all stationery and equipment is recorded correctly.
- Liaise with all outside contractors and service suppliers concerning all services/utilities supplied to the state office
- Ensure the state office meets all the British Council’s standards around Health, Safety and Security.
- Carry out basic finance duties as required in the state office in line with British Council policy.
- Assist with the maintenance of regional office IT infrastructures liaising with the IT and Web Support Officer.
The successful candidate will need to possess the following requirements:
- National Diploma level education.
Role specific knowledge and experience:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience of working on programme logistics for an international organization.
- Experience of working as part of a successful team/function.
- i yea Experience working with SAP.
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Experience of operating in a complex, multi-cultural context.
- Experience of managing fleet of vehicles.
- Role holder must have existing rights to live and work in the country the role is based.
Salary: N5,431,443 per annum.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 6th June, 2021.
Note: A connected and trusted UK in a more connected and trusted world.