The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: IT Support Officer
Ref No: 02/18 LOS
Grade: A2 (L)
Type of Position: Fixed Term
Duration of Post: 12 months
Start Date: 1st March, 2018
Main Purpose of Job
- The main function of this post is to provide administrative and intelligence support to the Border Force, based in the British High Commission in Lagos.
- The role will be specifically to maintain and update the administrative records, manage budget spreadsheets and other ancillary duties in support of the border Force project team.
- All applicants will be required to hold UK passport and citizenship and have a accountable work and/or personal record for the past 5 years.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to work effectively within a team.
- Appointments within the Border Force require a high level of integrity and discretion. All candidates should be aware that this appointment is subject to security checks (past 5 years) and clearance prior to appointment.
Roles and Responsibilities
IT Support (80%):
- Maintain Cleared Firecrest accounts, mailboxes and DLs
- Build Cleared Firecrest workstations and laptops
- Ordering of Cleared IT equipment
- Manage Secure VTC booking system
- Maintaining Unclassified and Cleared Server back-ups
- Maintaining all BDHC mobile numbers with the service provider
- Management and maintenance of the Lagos Sharepoint Site.
- Set up and support Mobile Firecrest users
- Maintain accurate and up to date Cleared Firecrest asset registers and SOPs
- IT troubleshooting, responding to customer need
Bag Service (20%):
- Receive all incoming AF bags
- Prepare and send outgoing AF bags.
Essential qualifications, skills and Experience
- CompTIA Network+
- ITIL (minimum of Foundation level).
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience:
- Strong communication skills
- Changing and Improving, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace.
Starting Monthly Salary
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 29th January, 2018.